News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Aircraft placement isn't right.

Started by pugle, November 28, 2009, 05:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugle

Hello,
Just installed Plan-G. I have FSUIPC4 installed and all the Plan-G has built the data base.
My problem is this... I start FSX.. no prob. I starg Plan-G.. no prob... Load a flight plan.. it displays.
Then I hit Connect button. and presto.... my aircraft shows as in the middle of the Atlantic near Africa on the display.

Flying the plane in FS does not move the plane in Plan-G. It's as if the two are not communicating.

Checked all my settings in Plan-G and read as much advice as I can in the forums and in the manual
before posting here... Please help,

Thanks

jschall

Quote from: pugle on November 28, 2009, 05:17:56 PM
my aircraft shows as in the middle of the Atlantic near Africa on the display.

What version of Windows? What language? (Française?).

I think this has to do with the way European versions of the OS handle decimal points...

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

pugle

Hi Jeff,

I'm using Win Vista (32) and the Engilsh version.

jschall

Check in Windows "Regional Settings", make sure it's set for "." as the decimal symbol, and not ",". This can have the result of interpreting all lat/lon coordinates as (0,0).

- Jeff
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

pugle

Hi Jeff,

I really appreciate the help. I've checked the regional settings ( Canadian, English) and the decimal is set to "." not to ",". Still, on the map display it's placing my aircraft at the equator on the Greenwich meridian (N0* - W0*).

As I said in my first post, The flightplan displays where it should, but as I fly, the aircraft icon on the map just stays stationary.

Sorry to be a bother like this, but I'm usually very good at figuring stuff like this out for myself.

tim arnot

Do you have FS paused? Try unpausing it.

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

FS Pauses when I switch windows to Plan-G, but regardless.. even while flying in FS, shouldn't the aircraft's info be updated in Plan-G? The aircraft icon remains at N0*-W0*. How do you obeserv the map software without pausing FS?.. FS automatically pauses when you change view to see the other app.

tim arnot

In the FS options, untick 'Pause on Task Switch'

I ask, because I have observed in other programs (e.g. FSInn), if FS is paused theiy either think the plane is on the equator or the North Pole.

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Thanks Tim,

I kind of answered my own Q .. beat you to the Pause on task switch. Still no luck though. FS continues to run when I switch to Plan-G, but Plan-G still won't update my aircraft's location. I've been trying in a Piper PA-18.
Would my aircraft choice have something to do with it? ( I wouldn't think so though). I've even re-established the FSX data base for Plan-G and applied all the settings again.

Same thing.... ( just my luck!...lol ) I have dot net3.5 SP1 / FSUIPC4, and build 389.

Could it be where I have the folder? ( In 'My Documents' inside a special folder I've made for FS downloads)

I love the features of this program, it'd be a shame if I can't use it.

tim arnot

Can't see how any of those would make a difference. I thionk we're down to looking for errors in the log file...

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

Sorry... I have the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt), but how do I post as an attachement?

tim arnot

When you post a reply, under the edit box you'll see 'Additional Options'. Click on that and you'll see a Browse button to upload your attachment.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

TRy making a SimConnect connection and see if that helps.

(Set Network Mode = IPv4,  FSC Computer = <blank>,  Server Port/Pipe = 0 )

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

Tried your last. Network IPv4. FSX Comp Blank and Server Port 0.
When I try to connect, Plan-G is asking if I have FlightSim running. It wasn't doing that before.
I did send you my log file via e-mail, but not sure if you got it, so I'll re-send it here as an attatchemnt.
Maybe one of the SimConnect files are corrupt? If that's the case, Where do I look in the FSX Directory to find them?
I believe there are supposed to be 3, right?

tim arnot

Well, I've never seen that fail! What version of FSX do you have?

Tim. @TimArnot