News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

pobably just newbie problems, but maybe you can help

Started by DonMunro, June 24, 2014, 05:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonMunro

Hi  Guys/Gals,

I entered the demo flight in the manual (Carlisle to Liverpool).

1) when I was done, of course, I wanted a hard copy of  the flight plan. I do not have a printer attached to my Flight Sim system so I use CutePDF Writer to generate PDFs and then send them to another PC for printing. That works for everything except the Flight Plan. I can generate PDFs for email, text files, graphics and a Flight Plan Map from Plan-G3... just not a text Flight Plan. Anyone got any ideas? Or any ideas on a better solution. Don't suggest, buy another printer  8)

2) when I was flying with Plan-G3 open and tracking my flight, I clicked on Plan-G3, then FSX paused when it lost the focus. Is this normal?

other than those things... everything seems GREAT... I love it  :)

Don

Win 7 (64 bit)
i7 Core 3770k, 16 MB RAM
NVIDIA 680GTX 4 GB
triple 27" ASUS monitors
FSX running on it's own 480GB Solid State drive

dempsey

Hi Don,

Let me try.

Click on Print, click on Print Flight Plan, and then click on the little printer icon above the preview. After that you can select CutePDF (I use that too myself).

Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

DonMunro

Hey, it worked.  :)

I hadn't thought of using the Files/Print menu... I was using the Quick Print icon, and that doesn't work.
Strangely, it took about 2 minutes to generate the PDF.  :-\  Needless to say NOTHING takes 2 minutes on my PC!!

Maybe, I did something wrong when I installed CutePDF

cheers
Don