News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Finding FSX a/c performance data (ANSWERED)

Started by wilddoktor, July 01, 2014, 01:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilddoktor

I know that in PlanG we can add a/c perf data into the Aircraft window. 

Rather than scouring the web and inputting in "real world" data, it seems that "FSX" data is more appropriate.

I'm assuming that FSX knows the performance data, otherwise the a/c wouldn't fly appropriately.

So where do *we* find the "FSX" performance data?  Is there someplace, maybe in the "..\simobjects\aircraft\aircraft name" folder (or some other folder) that I can look to find the data that I need?

tim arnot

If only it were that straightforward!

You can get some details from the aircraft.cfg but you'll almost certainly need to scour read me files and other documentation for other details - possibly the developer included a POH, in which case you'll have information coming out of your ears. Tape speeds you can usually get from the ASI. Some things you may need to work out empirically.

Things like fuel burn per hour, for example, are worked out by flying in that configuration (climb, descent, economy/performance cruise etc) for 10 or 15 minutes, measuring the  fuel levels at start & finish and multiplying the difference by 4 or 5 or whatever.

Tim. @TimArnot

wilddoktor

Ah...ok.  Thanks for the reply Tim!