News:

Main Menu

No new manual for 3.1.1.92?

Started by dempsey, July 15, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dempsey

Hi Tim,

Version 3.1.1.92 installs just fine and everything works as far as I can see.

However, the user manual that comes with it says "Plan-G User Manual Version 3-1.062 November 2012". I thought that you were waiting for the new user manual before you would do the release?
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

tim arnot

Are you opening it from within the program or from some other location? Cos it's definitely in there. Maybe you're opening a link to some other copy?

Tim. @TimArnot

Penz

First post, so first of all a huge thanks for Plan-G, it's a marvellous tool and I love it!  :)

I experience the same as Dempsey - as a matter of fact, as fas as I can see, the manual installed with 3.1.1.92 is the Italian 3-1.062. Despite me selecting "English" as language at install time.

I had to download the English 3-1.062 version from the link in these forums just to be able to open the manual from within Plan-G.
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Dieter

After latest installation I have this English manual (which is the latest one I think):
- Plan-G User Manual Version 3.1.1 July 2014
Maybe above reported problems occur if the last PlanG version was not completely deinstalled before?

The Italian one is old, correct.
- Manuale Utente di Plan-G Versione 3-1.062 Novembre 2012

Dieter

Penz

I'm pretty sure I made a thorough deinstallation of the old version before installing 3.1.1.92, but now you put doubt in my mind ...

Going to try deinstall and reinstall again, just for fun.  ;D
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Penz

Tried deinstalling and reinstalling, didn't work.

Even tried installing a third time in German just to see if that would make any difference, but it didn't.

The installer makes links to both the English and Italian manuals in the Startup folder, but only the italian manual is installed.

Might be useful to know I use the Windows 7 version of the installer, on Windows 7 64 bit.
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Dieter

QuoteMight be useful to know I use the Windows 7 version of the installer, on Windows 7 64 bit.
Me too.
PlanG installed as "Admin"

Well, I think it's up to Tim for more thorough advice.

Dieter

tim arnot

The first thing to check is that the manual is present in the program folder, and that it's the correct version.

If not, did you run the installer as Administrator?

If not, does doing that make a difference?

If it is there, do you still have the 3.0 build installed? (it could be that that forces Plan-G to believe that the 3.0 folder is its "home" location, so it picks up the manual from the wrong place). The solution to that would be to copy the new manual to the old folder.

Tim. @TimArnot

Penz

Quote from: tim arnot on July 16, 2014, 06:20:18 PM
The first thing to check is that the manual is present in the program folder, and that it's the correct version.

If not, did you run the installer as Administrator?

If not, does doing that make a difference?

If it is there, do you still have the 3.0 build installed? (it could be that that forces Plan-G to believe that the 3.0 folder is its "home" location, so it picks up the manual from the wrong place). The solution to that would be to copy the new manual to the old folder.
Thank you for the quick reply Tim!

1: No, only the Italian manual is present after installation (with "English" selected in the installer).
2: Yes, ran installer as admin.
3: See above. Just for fun (!) I tried NOT running as admin as well, but no difference.
4: I uninstalled previous version first (3.1.0.82), including files in "My Documents" and Application Data, so there aren't any old folders to confuse the installer.

The PDF is not there. Even made full volume searches to try and see if it had been misplaced.

PS: I have no idea if this can be significant in any way, but I'm running "Danish" regionalisation on my English Win 7. And I don't install Plan-G to the default location ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Plan-G v3.1"), but to "D:\Plan-G v3.1". Also, for whatever it's worth, I saw exactly the same behaviour with the previous 3.1.0.82, which was my first Plan-G installation ever; only the Italian manual got installed.
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

sky one

That's because "Italians do it better"...  ;D

Seriously, I have both English and Italian manuals on an Italian Windows 7 environment, so it souldn't be a localization related problem. Is there anyone else that have installed Plan-G in a different (I mean not the default one) folder that have both manuals?
Could you (Penz) check if you have a c:\Program Files (x86)\TA Software folder with something in it?

Beside this, both manuals are ("should be" you are saying  :)) copied in the Plan-G folder, not just the one related to the system localization.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

Penz

Quote from: sky one on July 16, 2014, 08:02:55 PM
Could you (Penz) check if you have a c:\Program Files (x86)\TA Software folder with something in it?

Beside this, both manuals are ("should be" you are saying  :)) copied in the Plan-G folder, not just the one related to the system localization.

Ciao
Cristiano
Thank you Cristiano!

Sadly I don't have any neither TA Software or Plan-G folders in c:\Program Files (x86), no.

Like I wrote earlier I have even made full volume searches on my hard drives to try and locate the PDF, without luck, so I'm pretty confident it's not hiding anywhere. :)
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Penz

Tried to install to default location instead, didn't make any difference.

No English manual, grrr! :)

Don't really think I can add much more to help solve the mystery.
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

tim arnot

OK, I've added a separate download for the manual on the main page - that'll at least get you going.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Tim,

Sorry for my late reaction; been busy with other things.

I deleted the two pdf files (English and Italian). I ran "setup Plan-G 3.1.1.exe" again with Administrator privileges. Only the Italian pdf file (modify date 16/11/2012 16:55) was added. So the English pdf is not even included in the setup exe for 3.1.1.92.

I will download them manually.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

Dieter

Very strange, we all have the same basis download file (w7/8) but with different installation results.
As posted above I've got the latest English manual installed with the installer.

Dieter