News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No new manual for 3.1.1.92?

Started by dempsey, July 15, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieter

Addendum:
I installed latest version again (just to try) and to my surprise you guys are right, no English manual in the installation!  :o

Dieter

sky one

I did some test:
- (I had the English updated manual): removed version .92 and totally deleted the Plan-G's folder
- Installed v .92 with Italian setup localization: no English manual
- Uninstalled v .92 and reinstalled with English setup localization: no English manual (I know the setup's localization have nothing to do with Plan-G's localization, but I had 5 minutes free and I gave it a try  :) )
- Uninstalled v. 92 and get back in time with betas .91, .90, .89 and .88: no English manual

But now, the funny question is: how was possible I had the English manual (July version)?  :o
X-plane user

Penz

Well, at least we now have the option of manual download (of the manual, lol ...).

Thanks again for the quick help guys, you rock! :)
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

Penz

Quote from: sky one on July 17, 2014, 09:44:11 AM
- Uninstalled v. 92 and get back in time with betas .91, .90, .89 and .88: no English manual
As I wrote earlier, my first ever version of Plan-G was 3.1.0.82 (the previous release version), and I'm pretty sure the problem already existed in that package.

With that one, I just asssumed the lack of English manual was a general issue, and downloaded the one linked in the pinned thread in this forum.

So maybe it's an omission error in the makefile for the installer that has been around for some time? Just a wild guess ... :)
- JP "Penz" Pedersen

tim arnot

There's a flag on the English manual to create a quicklaunch icon - (that flag isn't set for the italian manual, or for anything else) I'll try building an installer with that flag switched off. Won't be till tomorrow though, as I'm out tonight.

Tim. @TimArnot