News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Only have map, nothing else with new version 3.1.1.94-xp!

Started by paulwilko10, July 26, 2014, 10:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulwilko10

Hiya

Got a bit of a strange one

I have 2 XP machines and the previous version of Plan-G worked very well, but thought, why not, lets upgrade to the latest.

This has been a disaster so far.

I installed it onto my FSX main PC and all is well, before i even did the database build it showed some icons, after the database build works perfectly.
I installed onto Networked laptop and all is there is a plain map, no icons or anything. I copied Data folder from My Documents on main PC to the laptop and it recognises it as all options are now available, Home, Map, View etc and on the data tab it highlights the Display FSX Data icon.
So in theory all is well however, there is nothing showing at all except the map.

Any ideas please?

I attach my log file

Thanks for any help

Paul

Nigrid

Same to me.

If I use the old database the map is showed absolutely clean.

And if I try to build a new database, the process crashes when it's indexing airways, as I showed here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2852.0

Thx all!

tim arnot

What version of DotNet do you have? There is some kind of incompatibility going on.

Tim. @TimArnot

paulwilko10

Both PC's running 4.0.30319

Remember, both PC's were running the last version before this one of Plan G and I have not touched anything other than Plan G

sky one

X-plane user

paulwilko10

Excellent, that worked, thank you so much, great product :-)

Weird how both machines are running latest version yet act differently though, but who cares, all sorted :)

Thanks again

Paul

paulwilko10

Unfortunately, it's gone back to how it was after 1 use

I have tried the above fix again but no good this time, so it probably wasn't that in the first place

Any other ideas please?

sky one

This is strange, because I had the same problem and I solved with that patch...
Could you please attach your log file?

Thanks
Cristiano
X-plane user

paulwilko10

Thanks for your help

I posted my log file in this post when it first happened, at work now so cant do the latest but i'm sure there will be no difference.

I also have a demo of Flight Sim Commander on the same laptop, any confliction there do you think ?

Thanks

Paul

sky one

Quote from: paulwilko10 on July 29, 2014, 09:18:54 AM
I posted my log file in this post when it first happened, at work now so cant do the latest but i'm sure there will be no difference.
I saw it, but I just wanted to see if the error it's the same.  :)
Quote from: paulwilko10 on July 29, 2014, 09:18:54 AM
I also have a demo of Flight Sim Commander on the same laptop, any confliction there do you think ?
Sorry, but I don't know FS Commander... let's wait if Tim has some idea...  :)

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

paulwilko10

tim arnot

The error in your original log is:

Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.5.0

For which the solution is DotNet patch 2468871, as per Cristiano's link above.

I have no idea about FSCommander, but I can't imagine it would make any difference.

Tim. @TimArnot

paulwilko10

ALZ150

A couple of days ago, when I open the Plan G, I find an indication that there was an update. Exactly I did that, download and install. So far so good.
He asks me to update the database. No problems.
However, the difficulties began there.
Try to open a flight plan from the OPEN tab (located above all to the left) As if. It does nothing. Well, through the File tab, try from open. Nothing, opens the menu where you should select the file you want to open, just send me to the main map. I tried creating a flight plan (no problems), but when I try to save, if you've seen macarena. Even in the recent option nothing comes out.
I hope these great ideas to help me find my mistake, my insurance is a mistake.
Of course, uninstall, search in a lot of places anything that references the Plan G, pass CCleaner and reboot to reinstall I've done three or four times. Also I have the last Net
Thanks for your solutions

PD I downloaded the WP7 version (I have W7 64)

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot