News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G 3.1.1 takes forever scanning apt.dat

Started by mariodonick, August 10, 2014, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariodonick

Hi,

I was using Plan-G 3.1 and upgraded to 3.1.1 today. To have a clean install, I uninstalled 3.1 first and also removed my Plang-G folder i "My Documents".

Now I want to create a fresh database for X-Plane (10.30b8). However, this takes forever, scanning apt.dat.

Any help? :(

mariodonick

This is strange:

I aborted the whole process after about 20 minutes.

Now, as I have started Plan-G again, it is showing X-Plane nav data. Everything _seems_ to be there so far (although I could not check the entire planet, of course).

Would still be interested in an investigation of this issue, though.

w9nwrwi

Mariondonick,

I just ran the plan_g data against my x-plane 10 beta 8.  Took 8 minutes here.
Apt.data the longest at 2 minutes 18 seconds, then the Aprons (1137564) at 2minutes 8 seconds and the rest, airways and others at about 3 minutes. (37195)
Got any bad scenery errors in the x-plane log.txt file?  --- just a guess on my part. Not an expert on this stuff.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

mariodonick

I don't know... as I said, it worked. Maybe it was a problem with the progress bar, not reflecting what Plan-G was actually doing.

tim arnot

There is no need to remove your Plan-G Files folder when you update. The 3.x database is compatible with all 3.x builds - trust me there would be warnings in big red letters all over the place if it wasn't!

But look in the log file - you'll probably see there's an error reported at the end of the database build. (it would also help if you could copy & paste that error here, so I can see what the problem is)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot