Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Importing Fixes Database

Started by ronzie, August 20, 2014, 08:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronzie

FS9.1

PlanG V3

I am having a problem adding an updated world fix database to Plan-G during a database rebuild. The intersection it adds does not show up in the intersection database. An xml translation shows it is in there and it shows in the FS9 Flight Planner map and database.

The fix is coded as follows:
<Waypoint
      lat="34.2263559624553"
      lon="-118.874089121819"
      waypointType="NAMED"
      magvar="-12.8999938964844"
      waypointRegion="K2"
      waypointIdent="AHIYI">
   </Waypoint>

I tried two ways to declare the file:

It is in the FS9 scenery database as stated confirmed by its presence in the flight planner. I also pointed to the same folder I created called intersections (with the scenery folder under it) entering it as an additional source in the build.

I also tried placing the bgl directly in a folder named world fixes with no scenery folder in it just to be used as an additional source for the Plan-G database build.

None of these methods resulted in these waypoints being in the Plan-G intersection database using the Find/intersection search or by right clicking on a plan row to add a waypoint of type intersection above.

Any suggestion as to why the bgl is not being imported either from FS9's scenery setup or as the additional build source?

The updated fix list can be downloaded from:
http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html and clicking on the World Fixes title which is the download if you need to test this.

Thanks for checking and perhaps telling me what error I am making.

tim arnot

Check the log file after the build and make sure the location its in is being read...

Tim. @TimArnot

ronzie

I took out one erroneous entry in additional sources. Here is the structure of the fix bgl file:

FS9/AddOn Scenery/Intersection Updates/scenery/worldINT.bgl, no texture folder.

is entered as an additional source and also entered in the FS9 Scenery Library just above the default Continental folders.

Here is the log extract of the database build regarding these two entries:

20:42:25.7 Building database for FS9
20:42:25.7 FS directory is: H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\
20:42:25.7 Processing AdditionalSceneryLocations.txt
20:42:25.7 Scanning folder H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\Intersection Updates
20:42:25.7 Scanning Scenery.cfg (H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery.cfg)
20:42:26.8 Scanning folder 223: Addon Scenery\Intersection Updates

20:42:26.8 Scanning folder 222: ..\..\..\CommonAddonScenery\SabaSABA
20:42:26.8 Scanning folder 221: ..\..\..\CommonAddonScenery\SabaROADS
20:42:26.8 Scanning folder 220: ..\..\..\install Ivanona\Project_Ivanovo\Addon Scenery\Ivanovo_UUBI_2012
20:42:27.0 UUBI_ADE9_ADE.BGL Apts: 1 Vors: 1 Ndbs: 4 wpts: 34 Approaches: 5 Bdys: 0
20:42:27.0 Scanning folder 219: ..\..\..\CommonAddonScenery\Ivanova_2012\Ivanovo_XUDN
20:42:27.0 AF2_XUDN.bgl Apts: 1 Vors: 0 Ndbs: 0 wpts: 0 Approaches: 0 Bdys: 0
20:42:27.0 Scanning folder 217: ..\..\..\CommonAddonScenery\Ivanova_2012\Ivanovo_XUDI_2011

Now I notice no count of any fixes in the two scans of that file as shown on airport afd type file scans.

Any ideas?

tim arnot

Okay I see the issue - it doesn't scan files that it thinks are regular scenery, photos or meshes. So you'll need to change the filename to something that it recognises - prefix the filename with "NV" (the standard navaid file designator) and it'll find it.

Tim. @TimArnot

ronzie

Thanks. I looked at the log after the prefix changes and it gives a waypoint count :)

The application is in the case of an FS user who wanted in-flight dynamic assignment of destination runways and using the default GPS was was outdated for current charts, Plan-G now lets him see current waypoints as he wishes to add them. He can use Plan G for additional viewing and control of default aircraft.

Are the Plan-G approaches pulled from FS or other database and are they updated if so once in a while.

I already made some procedural suggestions to him.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot