News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

v3.1.1.94 exception failure

Started by unclejamal, August 27, 2014, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclejamal

hi,
got the error message on the main screen -refer to attachment. the pic on the attachment is shown on every tile on the "main screen"
whats the problem here? firewall is off. database built (fsx/win7-64), problem also exists if i zoom out.
ping to the adress X.tile.openstreetmap.org is working. also the other sources for maps (like, mapquest etc.)

EDIT: For all user's which are not forum members, and may not have access to the uploaded screenshot. The error message says:
Exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'b.tile.openstreetmap.org' & We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.

thanks.

unclejamal

For all user's which are not forum members, and may not have access to the uploaded screenshot. The error message says:
Exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'b.tile.openstreetmap.org' & We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.

tim arnot

Check your security settings - if you look at the log, you'll see the program has been blocked from any and all web access.

Tim. @TimArnot

unclejamal

first, thanks for your reply.

unfortunately it's as i said. if i shut down my antivirus/firewall, the problem persists. Today i shut down the antivirus/firewall. then renamed my old log file to be able to create a new one. So the new one also says that some addresses cannot be resolved. i tried to ping these adresses in the command prombt - answers ok.

any other idea?

tim arnot

No. It's security - access permissions. Your computer has quarantined it in some way.

Tim. @TimArnot

unclejamal

what else can i try?
windows firewall is also off.
addresses can be pinged via command prombt.

tim arnot

Windows Defender, User Account Control... One of them has quarantined Plan-G

Tim. @TimArnot

unclejamal

windows defender is off (default).
user account control is on lowest level.

there is also no difference if i start plan-g in administrator mode.

HELP!

tim arnot

Any security experts know what else it might be?

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Tim,
I wonder if he tried to open Plan_G in safe mode? I think he would be opening it with minimum drivers etc...Looks like he is at the "any port in a storm" point now.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

unclejamal

Quote from: w9nwrwi on September 03, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
Tim,
I wonder if he tried to open Plan_G in safe mode? I think he would be opening it with minimum drivers etc...Looks like he is at the "any port in a storm" point now.

Chuck

Hi,
thanks.
i tried in safe mode with network connection and... it works! so how to proceed to use plan-g in normal mode? you said something of problems with the ports?!

unclejamal

:D
SOLVED!
after starting plan-g in safe-mode of windows, i started up plan-g afterwards in normal-mode. now it's working!!!
only thing what is not working is when i switch over to another map-source, i got the same error again, if i switch back to the map service i used running plan-g in safe-mode it's works fine again.

EDIT: antivirus/firewall is running (internet access of plan-g set to be always allowed)

thanks!

unclejamal

Quote from: unclejamal on September 03, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
:D
SOLVED!
after starting plan-g in safe-mode of windows, i started up plan-g afterwards in normal-mode. now it's working!!!
only thing what is not working is when i switch over to another map-source, i got the same error again, if i switch back to the map service i used running plan-g in safe-mode it's works fine again.

EDIT: antivirus/firewall is running (internet access of plan-g set to be always allowed)

thanks!

oh now, i just realized, that the problem was not really solved. after testing the programm more and more, it seems that plan-g was just displaying me the cache data in normal-mode of windows. in areas where plan-g was not downloading tiles because it was not in my view or zoom level when running the programm at windows safe-mode, the blue tiles with the error message reappears.

hm, it's a pity

donsplang

Turn off any anti virus and firewall.  You don't need them running if you're not connected to the net.  And most important disable UAC- User Account Control.

unclejamal

hi, as already written in a previous post. user account control is off. firewall and windows firewall is off, but failure is still evident