News:

Main Menu

No Map display

Started by donsplang, September 03, 2014, 04:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsplang

Hi,

I'm having an intermitent problem with Plan-G3 and I have attatched a screen shot to show what I mean. What do you think?  I run Windows on one drive and FSX on the other and my specs are:

Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3940XM 3.0-3.9Ghz Turbo
nVidia Geforce GTX675MX with 4GB GDDR5
16GB 1600Mhz RAM
Intel 480GB 520 Series SSD 550/520 Mbs Read/Write
Plextor M5M 128GB SSD mSATA 540/320 Mbs
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
17.3-inch FHD LED90% Gamut 1920x1080 Premium Glossy  Display

Hope you can help as I love using your program.  It's the best map software out there.

sky one

Hi,
it seems that Plan-G could not contact the map provider: are you using some firewall? Is Plan-G updated to the last (3.1.1.94) version? If you change the map provider under the Options, is the map displayed?

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

unclejamal

Hi,
same issue. i was able to figure it out (with the help of some others  ;)).
start windows in safe-mode with network access. start plan-g - you should be able to see the maps. afterwards start windows again in normal mode and run plan-g - have fun!

donsplang

Downloaded the latest version and works a treat now.
Thanks for the help. :)

unclejamal

hm, i also had the newest version.

it seems that my problem was not really solved: refer to http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2907.0

donsplang

Sorry I posted this in the wrong post. Try this:

Turn off any anti virus and firewall.  You don't need them running if you're not connected to the net.  And most important disable UAC- User Account Control.

unclejamal

Quote from: donsplang on September 04, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Sorry I posted this in the wrong post. Try this:

Turn off any anti virus and firewall.  You don't need them running if you're not connected to the net.  And most important disable UAC- User Account Control.

in my case this doesnt help