News:

Main Menu

Plan-G v2.0.5 pop-up error report.

Started by Fozzer34, October 10, 2014, 12:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fozzer34

Hello Chums.... :)...!

This error report constantly pops up on the Map Screen, every few seconds, whilst running my preferred version of Plan-G; Plan-G Version 2.0.5...>>

Any clicks to remove it will result in it reappearing again almost immediately.

The rest of the map(s) and info work OK.

Any ideas what is causing it?
(Its just rather annoying).... :'(...!

Paul.... 8)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.

spokes2112

I hope I get this right.  Plan-G no longer supports Google as the map provider. The Google API changed and also requires Tim to get a paid out subscription to supply Google maps in the new API version. No other way to do it except get Plan-G V3.

Roman 

Fozzer34

Quote from: spokes2112 on October 10, 2014, 02:56:41 PM
I hope I get this right.  Plan-G no longer supports Google as the map provider. The Google API changed and also requires Tim to get a paid out subscription to supply Google maps in the new API version. No other way to do it except get Plan-G V3.

Roman

Ta for the reply, Roman!

I remember that happening with the change-over from V2 to V3.
The Google Satellite Map was excluded from V3 for the copyright reason you gave, which is the main reason why I still prefer to continue to use V2 which does contain the Google Satellite Map.... :)...!

The old V2 works fine for me.....Its just a shame that the annoying; "error window" pops up in the Map display...for some reason?... :'(...!

I do use V3.... :)......, but actually prefer using ye old V2, which still uses the Google Satellite Map!.... ;D...!

I know I'm naughty....shhhh.... ;)....but V2 is nice!.... :laugh:...!

Paul.... 8)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.