News:

Main Menu

Cannot finish build database

Started by technofab, October 18, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technofab

Hi All,
in my XP box I can't finish to build database. During the airways writing the application "stall".
The log is in attach. Thanks in advance for any help.

tim arnot

I think this issue was linked to a past service release of DotNet - make sure you have installed the latest service updates.

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

Yes is all updated via windows update.

f16jockey

Hi,

I have the same problem.
When rebuilding the FSX database, the program comes to "Writing 71804 airways", then the pop-up window grays out and Plan G stays that way (see pic).
Probably forever, but I've only waited for some 15 minutes.

Only options are to close the window and to close Plan-G, after restarting the program remains in "Data - Build Database" status (see pic).
I'm running Plan-G v3.1.94 currently, but v3.0.3.56 (which accidentally remained on my computer) does exactly the same.

I still have v2.0.5.493 on my system as well, but that one has a clearly incomplete database. Doesn't know are airports for example... Probably uses same database as v3 ?

I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit. Plan-G is installed outside the "feared" C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) folders. On another drive in fact.
Windows should be up-to-date via automated Windows Update.

I suspected some recently installed scenery, removed those without result. In fact Plan-G does the same when building the FS9/FS2004 database (except the number of Airways is different), and that's a program I don't use anymore since over a year...

I definitely have no idea what could cause this, as I didn't change anything substantial since I last updated the database some 5 days ago (except the Plan-G update, which - as explained above - can't cause the problem IMO).

Any suggestions ?
Wim

P.S. I would attach the log file as well, but I have no idea on how to create it and/or where to find it...

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: f16jockey on October 22, 2014, 07:53:47 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem.
When rebuilding the FSX database, the program comes to "Writing 71804 airways", then the pop-up window grays out and Plan G stays that way (see pic).
Probably forever, but I've only waited for some 15 minutes.

Only options are to close the window and to close Plan-G, after restarting the program remains in "Data - Build Database" status (see pic).
I'm running Plan-G v3.1.94 currently, but v3.0.3.56 (which accidentally remained on my computer) does exactly the same.

I still have v2.0.5.493 on my system as well, but that one has a clearly incomplete database. Doesn't know are airports for example... Probably uses same database as v3 ?

I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit. Plan-G is installed outside the "feared" C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) folders. On another drive in fact.
Windows should be up-to-date via automated Windows Update.

I suspected some recently installed scenery, removed those without result. In fact Plan-G does the same when building the FS9/FS2004 database (except the number of Airways is different), and that's a program I don't use anymore since over a year...

I definitely have no idea what could cause this, as I didn't change anything substantial since I last updated the database some 5 days ago (except the Plan-G update, which - as explained above - can't cause the problem IMO).

Any suggestions ?
Wim

P.S. I would attach the log file as well, but I have no idea on how to create it and/or where to find it...

You will find the log file in My Documents\Plan-G Files. It will be the most recent file.

V2 databases are NOT compatible. I can't really suggest anything until I've seen the log, since I don't have Windows 8.

Tim. @TimArnot

f16jockey

Hi there,

included the log file. IMO the most significant message is at 17:58:18. As my Windows is in dutch, I already ran it through Google translate for you.

17: 58: 18.0 BuildDatabase_Executed: System.ArgumentException: The specified store provider is not found in the configuration or is not valid. ---> System.ArgumentException: Can not find the requested NET Framework data provider. It may not be installed.

As it mentions .NET Framework, I checked that. According to the reg, the version installed is v4.5.1 for Windows 8.1 (see pic).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Wim

tim arnot

Anyone else on Windows 8.1, with or without this problem?

Tim. @TimArnot

f16jockey

Quote from: tim arnot on October 25, 2014, 09:24:07 AM
Anyone else on Windows 8.1, with or without this problem?

Bringing this thread back to life, as I still couldn't solve the Windows 8.1 problem.

Wim