News:

Main Menu

Flight plans lines not displaying on the map

Started by Panxua, October 29, 2014, 03:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panxua

Hi Guys !
I recently got some trouble with flight plans displaying. My PlanG V3 version (or FSX) is the 3.1.1.94, and I have installed it on two networked PCs, one with W7 32 bits, and the other one (the one with the sim) with W7 64 bits.
I have no problem in setting up a plan, and all waypoints are listed accordingly in the plan window. I do save it under *.plg format, and export it in the *.pln format.
The plan does appear in the flight organiser and perfectly works in the plane of my choice.
But no way to display it on the map. Each and every waypoint is visible (a small yellow triangle) but none of the lines drawn between each of the waypoints does appear.
Curiously enough, when activating an approach, the approach path shows up on the map, as of the IAF. But not the plan!
I have tried to bypass the problem by displaying the *.plg version of the plan in lieu of the FSX version. Works at the beginning, but soon, as my plane is moving along its route, and the map is also moving, the lines are disappearing.
Any solution?
Thank you in advance.

tim arnot

Sounds like a display driver type of issue - certainly it's not something anyone else has reported. Is this on the PC running FS? If so, make sure no part of the Plan-G window is overlapping the FS window, or odd things will definitely happen to the display.

One thing you can try is turning overlays off and on in the View ribbon.

Tim. @TimArnot

Panxua

Thank you for your answer. Anyhow, this happens on my laptop, without any display driver change...
I will try the overlay trick and revert to you thereafter.
Thanks

Krug

I also experience this problem, but I only when an instrument approach is added to a flight plan. If the planned flight does not incorporate an instrument approach Plan-G will continue to display the black track line, and I can display and view instrument approaches as normal, but if I try to actually add one to my plan the the track line for the whole of the rest of the flight disappears, leaving only the waypoints and the instrument approach visible. If the instrument approach is cleared from the flight plan, the track line reappears.

I have tried turning Map Overlays on and off again but this didn't seem to help. I'm running Plan-G v3.1.1.94 under 64-bit Windows 7.

tim arnot

Thanks for the extra information Krug, that may prove to be very useful...

Tim. @TimArnot