News:

Main Menu

PlanG over network via FSUIPC and WideFS

Started by technofab, October 29, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technofab

I've the master FS9 installation on my XP box, with WideFS registered and FSUIPC registered.

Locally I try to use plang and connecting to FSUIPC works great.

Next in try a LAN scenario: a notebook with WideClient running and connected, PlanG working and in FS2004 in the "master" computer I can see that 1 client is connected.

In the WideClient.log I see that all works in lan and the connections ARE NOT refused and they works.

But I if try to do connect to FS, I can't see that PlanG recognize my plane in map, is like if the connection is down...

Any Idea? Thanks in advance.

spokes2112

By far, the FSUIPC/WideFS is the easiest and least painful way to set it up. It sounds like in Options|User Aircraft|Display is unchecked. Check it or use "F6" to enable it. 

technofab

Hi,
Like I wrote, after connect, in like the airplane is not "recognized". In the upper left corner of plang appear an yellow up bar.  And I confirm, the logs are indicating all connection are ok.

Investingating more, I also notate that in case all plugin (fsuipc and widefs) are active also in locally plang doesn't work. Removing widefs locally, local plang with fsuipc back to work.
I'm using the latest correct versions for fs2004.

tim arnot

Sounds very odd. WideFS presents to Plan-G exactly the same as FSUIPC does on the other PC. As far as Plan-G knows, there is no difference, and all the networking is handled internally by WideClient and WideServer. All I can think is that maybe there is some setting in WideFS that limits the amount of data sent across the network.

Do you see telemetry data (airspeed, heading etc) in the GPS popup?

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

Unfortunately no data appears in the plang side where using the networked version.

tim arnot

Does it time out after a few seconds and go back to 'not connected'?

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

tim arnot

Can you attach the log?

Do you have anything else that connects vis FSUIPC? If so, could you use it to confirm the WideFS connection?

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

technofab

Here I am...

Actual configuration:
Computer named SUN where is installed: FS 2004, FSUIPC and WideFS both at latest version for FS2004 and licensed.
A laptop named ICE with PlanG and WideClient.

In FS2004 result there is 1 computer connected.
Opened WideClient and result connected.

Here in attach, wideclient log , wideserver log and local plang log.

tim arnot

I can see the connection attempt in the WideClient log, but Plan-G does not get a response and so times out, thinking that FSUIPC is not running. What happens if you retry the connection?

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

Nothing happen.

But locally where is plang is running wideclient not fsuipc

tim arnot

WideClient presents itself as "FSUIPC". To Plan-G there is no difference.

Tim. @TimArnot

technofab

OK I suppose it, but why doesn't seems connected if WideClient log says is connected PlanG?

********* WideClient Log [version 6.999n] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 04/11/14, Time 21:13:37.156: Client name is ICE
      375 LUA: "C:\widefs\Initial.LUA": not found
      406 Attempting to connect now
      406 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
      422 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
     2453 Attempting to connect now
     4485 Server = SUN
     4672 Trying TCP/IP host "SUN" port 8002 ...
     4672 ... Okay, IP Address = 10.80.80.105
     4750 Connection made okay!
    94391 New Client Application: "Plan-G3" (Id=3648)

No firewalls are active, and are all in the same pc too.

tim arnot

Do you have both programs at the same access level? (i.e. if one is "run as administrator" the other must be also)

Tim. @TimArnot