News:

Main Menu

PlanG over network via FSUIPC and WideFS

Started by technofab, October 29, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technofab

Like you can see, the PC use Windows XP, and both programs are runned manually via double click normally, with same access level.
The user, is a full administrator.

The error in PlanG seems that cannot estabilish a connection but wideclient "listen" plang. So there is something in plang to wideclient via, and not viceversa I suppose.

LordElpus

I had a similar problem with my set up and it took ages to find the fault.  It was actually my Firewall and virus program that was blocking the connection but not telling me about it.  Once I made PlanG.exe an exception it worked fine and still does.
My security software is ESET Smart Security.

Hope this helps.

technofab

In my case there is no FIREWALL active during the activity, only AVG FREE antivirus. In fact, the connection is estabilished.

basil hancock

I cannot get plan g to connect over the network.  Wide fs and fsuipc are both licenced both pc's on win7
I start wide fs, then plan g then fsx.  When fsx is loaded i attempt to connect.  I get the yellow up arrow to say it is connected but wide fs reports "waiting for connection.

When i use plan g and fsx on the same computor no problems

tim arnot

So the issue is connection between WideFS client and server, since Plan-G has connected to the client.

Check the WideFS config files and make sure your PCs still have the same IP addresses - usually the connection fails because your DHCP server has assigned different addresses after a reboot. (it's always good practice to reserve fixed addresses for all your FS-related machines)

Tim. @TimArnot

golfbravo

Quote from: tim arnot on January 23, 2015, 08:26:25 AM
So the issue is connection between WideFS client and server, since Plan-G has connected to the client.

Check the WideFS config files and make sure your PCs still have the same IP addresses - usually the connection fails because your DHCP server has assigned different addresses after a reboot. (it's always good practice to reserve fixed addresses for all your FS-related machines)

And I would add that instead of the IP address that can actually change the DHCP whith, it is recommended to add the line in wideclient.ini
[Config]
ServerName = GEGE // The name of my FS computer in the LAN and the name never changes
Port = 8002

As seen here, I deleted the original line
"ServerIPAddr = 192.168.1.X"

GĂ©rard Bernard