News:

Main Menu

PlanG with FSX SE (Steam)

Started by Emile, December 20, 2014, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emile

Hello,
Is it possible to use PlanG with the Steam FSX?
Thanks in advance
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Cordair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1150 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot .

Emile

Yes PlanG works OK on my system.
I have installed FSX SE on an other BOOT environment (using multi boot) with NO FSX installed .
Hope it helps
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Cordair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1150 ti,

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

guest13633

For Flightplaning installation on an other boot environment is ok.

But are there plans that it will be possible to link it to FSX Steam in a way that the aircraft is shown moving on G-Plan ?

Anton

Fozzer34

Quote from: zemelo on January 03, 2015, 08:11:39 AM
For Flightplaning installation on an other boot environment is ok.

But are there plans that it will be possible to link it to FSX Steam in a way that the aircraft is shown moving on G-Plan ?

Anton

That's what I would like to know!
My Plan-G works fine on my original FSX Deluxe SP2, and shows my aircraft on the moving map...
..but how do I achieve the same with my version of Steam FSX?
There is no option in the Data Install File to incorporate the "Steam FSX" version, and run the Data File for the Steam Version.

I tried pointing the Plan-G path to my: Program Files > Steam > FSX and running the Data File, but my aircraft doesn't appear on the Plan-G moving Map.
There is no option for the; "Steam Version of FSX" in the Plan-G directory ...

I need a map...I frequently get lost!

Paul...FS 2004 and FSX and Steam FSX... ;D
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.

tim arnot

Does Steam not have Simconnect? Or FSUIPC? These are the only ways for Plan-G to get telemetry from FSX.

Tim. @TimArnot

Emile

Hello,
FSUIPC must be installed manually in Steam environment.It will create the Module folder.
I have done it with success

PS I use The full FSUIPC.
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

davebelsey

A have a side-by-side installation of the Steam Edition (FSX and FSX-SE on different discs).

I copied the simconnect.xml from the FSX directory into the FSX-SE directory, and changed the paths to the FSX program and the Scenery.cfg pointing both to the Steam installation. 

Plan-G now works with Steam on that machine ....... no further changes were necessary to connect to my other machine over the network.

Dave.