News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Funky drop down menu

Started by PDN, December 24, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDN

Hi -- I'm running Plan G 3.1.1 on a Dell laptop, Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core Duo i7 2640M CPU, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB ram, 32 bit operating system.

I open FSX, then start Plan G, then connect.  So far so good.

I then start a new flight plan.  Find the first airport.  No prob.

Then I right click the line-item for the airport in the flight plan -- the menu really slowly comes down, mostly transparent,
if I wait, my mouse kind of high lights one or two items in the menu.  Its really scary.

Happens every time.

Any fixes or work arounds?

Any other ways to add waypoints?

Thanks!

FlyingAxx

Actually the specs of your laptop are not too promising for running even FSX in any graphics demanding mode. It sounds as if the capabilities of your CPU and GPU are fully stretched and that's why you might get unwanted transparency and other visibility effects. I don't know how your settings are, but you may want to shift for test reasons the sliders in you FSX more to the left (less details) and see what happens.

Just to explain why:

• FSX needs a fast CPU and a adequate GPU
  • Even if FSX itself is a 32 Bit application only that can address 4 GByte RAM only it runs better in a 64 Bit environment with more main memory. Two programs using graphics could fight for ressources.

Probably you want to read Nick Needham's FSX Computer Bible here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html
Regards,
Axel

PDN

PDN

Found out if I minimize FSX the funky menus go away.  This works fine
when I'm creating a flight plan, which is 90% of the work.

Later.

tim arnot

Because of the way that FSX messes with the screen controller, any other programs will encounter weirdnesses with menus, popup, tooltips etc anywhere their windows intersect. The general recommendation therefore is not to let the windows overlap, which in practical terms means either a second monitor or shrinking FSX to make space (or temporarily minimising it).

Tim. @TimArnot

PDN