News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Updating the DB?

Started by lehickerson, December 30, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lehickerson

I have a host of ORBX airports not currently being picked up by updating the DB.

Been told to use MakeRunways 4.675 AND then import them.  I have tried the runway.csv file and others, but does not seem to update DB.

I am using FSX, WideFS and run my PlanG from a second computer.  No networking issues at all.  Works fine in building the default DB from the scenery.cfg.

What is the exact steps for updating the PLAN G database by using this tool from Peter?

Thanks....

Larry

tim arnot

Orbx switches stuff in and out when you change region. Which means that you'll only get airports in the active region when you build the database. To ensure you get the rest, you'll need to include their folders in the Always Include list, under Build Options.

I don't know about MakeRunways, sorry.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on December 30, 2014, 08:41:58 AM
I don't know about MakeRunways, sorry.

A wonderful freeware tool written by Peter Dowson providing all airport data of FSX (FS9 and even earlier) in diverse formats (originally for Radar Contact use). I use the also provided XML for extending PMDG's database with missing airports their source (Navigraph) doesn't know about and I use it (vice versa) for correcting airport and/or runway positions for missing, misplaced or extended airports in FSX. I asked Pete a while ago for some changes and extensions (e.g. the ILS course information in order to reflect situations like Innsbruck) and he build it in.

Indirectly it finds out your active airports as it looks into the FS-world like the sim does (usually) and it provides a text file containing all findings even the finally dismissed ones. However, for digging out duplicates the Simple Airport Scanner of Jon Masterson is the better choice (freeware as well).
Regards,
Axel

lehickerson

Thanks.....  excellent support.  Love Plan-G and trashed all those other paywares......  Time to drop some dollars to Tim.   ;D

Found the SIMPLE AIRPORT SCANNER at http://www.scruffyduck.org/.   Will give it a try.

tim arnot

Interesting Axel, thanks. I know Jon from a long time back - I was one of the betas when ADE first came out, and even before that we would fly in the same VA.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on December 30, 2014, 06:11:49 PM
Interesting Axel, thanks. I know Jon from a long time back - I was one of the betas when ADE first came out, and even before that we would fly in the same VA.
Simmer's world is small. About end of this month I hope to see him.
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot