News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Importing a user waypoint

Started by bolingbrokejq, January 14, 2015, 04:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolingbrokejq

My CSV file for a new user waypoint is not being accepted by the data base. I get the message "Invalid category on row 0Please see the log file for further information". Here's the waypoint /CSV file I'm trying to install:

Category,Name,Identifier,Latitude,Longitude,Elevation,Var,Tag,Notes

POI,Mt Logan,Mountain,60.5758,-140.3694,19000,10,AK,St Elias

Any help with what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and thanks for some great software Tim.

tim arnot

Do you actually have the text "Category,Name,Identifier,Latitude,Longitude,Elevation,Var,Tag,Notes" in the file? Cos that'd do it.

Otherwise, you could try the numeric variant, and replace "POI" with the number 8.

Tim. @TimArnot

bolingbrokejq

Hi Tim...Thanks for quick response. I did not include the headings in the CSV file, and I had also tried using the number 8. No luck. I've used Excel 2000 to create a CSV file - perhaps that's a problem? I also just done a file in note pad but I'm not sure how to save it for sure as CSV file format or if I even need to. Could the issue be with the Lat and Long entry? Here's what I want the values to be:60.5758°N 140.3694°W. Have I entered that data correctly in the entry I posted? In the past I had successfully created user waypoints and I used the exact same format for this attempt as far as I can tell. (I also exported an entry from the data base, changed the data to what I want, and imported it back to the DB. No luck).

So, that's my story. Any help is certainly appreciated. Cheers.

bolingbrokejq

Just FYI: I got the CSV file to work and be imported to the database. I have Win7 64bit and as we all know it can be weird at times. My mistake apparently was double clicking on the file itself (in the data base dialogue box). When I used the "open" button  the file loaded fine.

But now a new problem. Quick question...when I try to use the find button it doesn't seem to find, or center the POI, on the map. Any thoughts? Also is there a way to enter lat and long and find that spot on the map?

Thanks again.

bolingbrokejq

This is great software! I fooled around using find address to look for the waypoint I created, and like magic, there it was. Exactly what I need to be able to do. Thanks again.