News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

What can I do to help pinpoint the reason for Plan-G to crash randomly?

Started by realm174, January 17, 2015, 03:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realm174

Running Win 8.1-64bit
FSX SP2
Plan-G 3.1.2.101
FSUIPC 4.938a
Connected to same PC via SimConnect, IPv4

I experience random crashes from Plan-G. At first, I thought only when connected, but apparently it happens when not connected to FSX. Is there any option or command line or something I can run so we can pinpoint why this is happening? I've tried changing my connection to FSUIPC, and get the same. I tried running FSX with no weather add-on, turned traffic to 0, same thing. So I'm really not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

thanks!

Edit: I actually had the idea of looking at the System Event Log and here's what I see for the latest crash:

Application: Plan-G3.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
Stack:
   at System.Array.Copy(System.Array, Int32, System.Array, Int32, Int32, Boolean)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Queue`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].SetCapacity(Int32)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Queue`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Enqueue(System.__Canon)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+Networking.ReceiveBodyCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

Does that help?

tim arnot

That crash came from within the Simconnect module, which is well known to be a bit flaky. Unfortunately it's a black box and the developer (one of the original Aces guys) is no longer around, so the chances of getting it fixed are approximately nil.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on January 18, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
That crash came from within the Simconnect module, which is well known to be a bit flaky. Unfortunately it's a black box and the developer (one of the original Aces guys) is no longer around, so the chances of getting it fixed are approximately nil.
Tim, would it help switching over to FSUIPC? I don't know anybody around not experiencing crashes from time to time (even if I today survived about three hours of flying).
Regards,
Axel

realm174

Alright.. I'll switch over to FSUIPC then. Hopefully that'll resolve the issue.. Well, Plan-G crashing is less frustrating than FSX crashing anyway :) Thanks for the info Tim!

tim arnot

Quote from: FlyingAxx on January 18, 2015, 10:00:13 PM
Quote from: tim arnot on January 18, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
Tim, would it help switching over to FSUIPC? I don't know anybody around not experiencing crashes from time to time (even if I today survived about three hours of flying).

Yes, FSUIPC is more stable, although in my experience it can be quite a bit slower.

Tim. @TimArnot

realm174

I see that it is slower. What I also see is that the AI aircraft symbols on the map blink like a Christmas tree constantly, which is quite annoying. So I think I'll live with the crashes and switch back to simconnect...