News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Networkconnection: Check; Problems with Database

Started by fabian_e, March 14, 2015, 02:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabian_e

Hi all,

first I'd like to say "Thank you!" for such a cool program.
I'm Running X Plane 10, FS9 and FSX. I never had a Problem. Plan G on one Monitor, Flightsim on the main Monitor, perfect.

But over dense populated areas in X Plane 10 I had FPS issues and descided to use a Network connetion.
Recently I took my old Win XP Laptop and installed Plan G Xp Version. I didn't have any Connection Problems. X Plane and FS9 connected successfully through the Network. All fine (displays flightdata, Ai-traffic, all perfect).

But here comes my problem: Plan G doesn't Display the FS database data on the WinXP version (no Xplane, no FSX and no FS9 data (aiports, ILS approaches...ect.).
And when I try to create the databases, on FS9 Plan G stucks with "Schreibe 64319 Luftstraßen"; "writing 64319 Airstreets" and nothing happens anymore

Here is what I did so far to solve the Problem:

• Created Database on my Win 7 main machine and copied to User\PlanG-files. --> Didn't work, database data isn't displayed.
  • Network shared the X Plane / FS9 / FSX Folders--> stucks while creating databases for FS9,  "writing 64319 Airstreets"; on X Plane it finishes but doesn't diesplay the database data / button Show X Plane data remains grey
  • Installed a fresh FS9 on the old Laptop for database creation --> stucks while creating databases for FS9,  "writing 64319 Airstreets"

Anyone else has / had the Problem? Any ideas to solve the issue?

Have a nice Weekend all,

Greetings form southern Germany,
Fabian

tim arnot

Copy the database files from Plan-G Files\Data from your original install to the 2nd PC should be fine (it's the approved method, I've done it many times). You can also copy the entire Plan-G Files folder and its subfolders.

DO MAKE SURE that you have the XP version of Plan-G installed on your XP computer - it's a separate download. I'm sure you have, but it's worth double checking (it will say in the log file which version it is).

Also I have seen  PCs that have more than one "Documents" folder, and even though the files were copied, they didn't register as being in "My Documents"

Finally, the log file will show where it's looking, and if it has a problem locating the database files. The log file is in Plan-G Files\Plan-G_Log.txt

And one more possibility: Run As Administrator.

Tim. @TimArnot

fabian_e

Dear Tim,

thank you for your reply. I finally had the time to test some things this evening (I'm having a 2 year old girlie-monster  >:D :), but a very sweet one  ;D)

I found the log file and there are some Errors reported.

21:00:37.7 Connection string: metadata=res://*/Data.FSData.csdl|res://*/Data.FSData.ssdl|res://*/Data.FSData.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5;provider connection string='Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Data\PlanG3_FS9.sdf'
21:00:37.7 NdbsInBounds: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
File name: 'System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataAssemblyHelper.SafeLoadReferencedAssembly(AssemblyName assemblyName)
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataAssemblyHelper.<GetNonSystemReferencedAssemblies>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.DefaultAssemblyResolver.GetAllDiscoverableAssemblies()
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.DefaultAssemblyResolver.GetWildcardAssemblies()
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.LoadResources(String assemblyName, String resourceName, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoaderCompositeResource.CreateResourceLoader(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataArtifactLoader.Create(String path, ExtensionCheck extensionCheck, String validExtension, ICollection`1 uriRegistry, MetadataArtifactAssemblyResolver resolver)
   at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataCache.SplitPaths(String paths)
   at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Evaluate>b__0()
   at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Result.GetValue()
   at System.Data.Common.Utils.Memoizer`2.Evaluate(TArg arg)
   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetMetadataWorkspace(Boolean initializeAllCollections)
   at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.RetrieveMetadataWorkspaceFromConnection()
   at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext..ctor(EntityConnection connection, Boolean isConnectionConstructor)
   at Plan_G3.Data.FSData.get_NavContext()
   at Plan_G3.Data.FSData.NdbsInBounds(Double n, Double s, Double e, Double w)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I then tried to find the registry entry and edited one value (the value itself didn's exist).

The error message changed a bit. Sounds like a .net Framework error to me. Which Version of .net Framework is required by Plan-G?

Any ideas? However I attached the logfile for your info....

Thank you very much for your help.
Have a nice Weekend,

Cheers,
Fabian

tim arnot

Go to the Microsoft downloads site and make sure you have installed all the updates to DotNet. MS broke something in one of their service releases, and it throws up this error. They fixed it, but you do need to get all the updates.

Tim. @TimArnot