News:

Main Menu

Flight Plan Won't Load in FS9

Started by may433, September 03, 2009, 10:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

may433

Tim,

I just discovered your excellent program this evening but have noticed one little niggle.  If I create a flight plan using the airfields and navaids which are already stored in the program databases, the flight plan saves and loads properly into FS9.

However, if I create my own waypoints and use them in a flight plan, the plan saves and is selectable in FS9 but just does not load.  Is this a known fault?

Otherwise, an outstanding piece of work.  Thank you.

John

Peter Dodds

The inbuilt FS9 Flight Planning tool does not allow user waypoints, (which is the main reason I have never used it, being a VFR pilot).  So I suspect it cannot "read" a plan created by Plan-G which includes user waypoints.

Peter

tim arnot

You cannot start or end the flight plan at a user waypoint if you want to load the plan into FS (9 or X), since FS won't load the plan.

FS will load a flight plan containing user waypoints, provided they are not the start or end points. In FSX they are treated as type "user", in FS9, they are treated as intersections.

Tim. @TimArnot

dbrown

FSX flight plans won't load either on my system, all my flights start and end at airport....   I can create new plans, but I can't use my 200 or so flight plans.
Thank you

Denis Brown
AMD phenom 9850, 4Gb RAM, ATI Radeon 4870 1Gb, on Vista 64...

DBrown
X-Plane 10

may433

I take your point about not starting or ending the plan at a user-defined waypoint, but the flight plans I have created all start and end at stock airports.

tim arnot

Could you post an example plan here that goes between stock airports and doesn't load in FS. Thanks.

Just a thought: You're not saving it in FSX format and then loading it in FS9 are you?

Tim. @TimArnot

Peter Dodds

Quote from: tim arnot on September 04, 2009, 12:05:08 AM
You cannot start or end the flight plan at a user waypoint if you want to load the plan into FS (9 or X), since FS won't load the plan.

FS will load a flight plan containing user waypoints, provided they are not the start or end points. In FSX they are treated as type "user", in FS9, they are treated as intersections.
But you can't create user waypoints in FS9 planner I don't thinkl?  It's years since I even opened that menu option.
Peter

dbrown

Ok, now it loads as long as these flight plans were saved by FSX flight planner.  My previous attempt were flight plans saved and exported by another flight planner.

Denis Brown

DBrown
X-Plane 10

tim arnot

Please upload a copy of one of these flight plans that doesn't load, and I'll take a look.

Tim. @TimArnot

may433

Thanks for your responses.  To outline what I did.

Created a user-defined waypoint at Roermond and called it Roermond lakes.

Started the flight plan at Eindhoven (EHEH)
Inserted waypoint Roermond lakes
Ended the flight plan at Dusseldorf (EDDL)

Saved as a FS9 flight plan (VFR Eindhoven to Dusseldorf).  Copy of flight plan enclosed.  Even if the flight plan won't load into FS9 the quality of the printed flight plans and maps far surpasses anything I have used in the past.

John

dbrown

Here is one of those FP that doen't load....

Denis Brown

DBrown
X-Plane 10

tim arnot

John: You need to specify an identifier for the waypoint; then it'' work. That requirement will be enforced in 361

Denis: Thanks. That's now fixed in 361.

361 should hopefully be available tomorrow.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

dbrown

That was fast, thank you.

Denis Brown

DBrown
X-Plane 10

may433

Tom,

Outstanding support and advice - it works; thank you.

John