News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Network connection problems (attached files)

Started by johnbla, June 09, 2015, 10:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbla

Hi
i am trying to get Plan G working on my networked laptop (Win 7) with FSX on my main PC (Win 8). My Ipconfig settings are at attached Capture jpeg and my Plan G setting are at Capture 2. My Simconnect.xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.0.1</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>4508</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

I cannot get a connection. I realise my IPV4 address has an extra number on the end, but everytime I put that into my Plan G settings, it crashes.

I would most appreciate if someone could look at the attachments and see if I am doing anything wrong.

Many thanks for any help.

John

tim arnot

You've specified the address of your router (the default gateway). Since that isn't either the FS computer or the Plan-G computer, it won't ever work.

You also don't say which PC the IPconfig was taken from. The IP you specify in both the Simconnect.xml and the Plan-G connection dialog is the IP of the FSX PC. The Simconnect.xml file must be located in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. On the FSX PC.

You've also specified a port number of 4508 in the Simconnect.xml file, but 4503 in the connection dialog. The port numbers must match.

Tim. @TimArnot

johnbla

Thanks Tim. I have got it going with FSUIPC.
John