News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G freeze with Xplane 10.40b2 [Thread includes v3.1.3 beta]

Started by paolozamp, June 13, 2015, 08:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paolozamp

When i try to generate the db with last release of Xp (10.40b2), it's freezes in the step "sto scrivendo 35380 piste" after apt.dat scan

Mi si congela PlanG in fase di generazione dati al momento in cui va a scrivere le piste......................

acorkhill

Exactly same problem... after upgrading to x-Plane 10.40b2 Plan G freezes after reading apt.dat - while writing runways.

tim arnot

Ok, I'll look into it. You may need to live with the old database for a week or two.

Tim. @TimArnot

paolozamp

MIGUEL

Hi mates.
Pretty good software.
I've just downloaded the new brand 3.1.2 version and updated to the just income X-Plane 10.40 beta 3
Plan G is not able to build the database. It's seems to freeze reading the ways.
Am I missing anything? I guess it's something dealing with the new changes coming along with X-Plane 10.40
Until this issue is solved, Could anybody, please, upload the 10.36 x-plane database backup?
Thanks in advance.

tim arnot

I was hoping to look at it this weekend - the new version is all downloaded & installed - but ... Father's Day. Lets just say other plans were made for me!

Tim. @TimArnot

MIGUEL

Thanks Tim.
I'm looking forward to seeing the new yet to release version uploaded fairly soon.
Thanks a lot for this wonder.
I can't wait. ;)

Ah! btw: Merry Daddy's day, even after the event. LOL

trevg

Thanks Tim for your attention to us X-Planers.
Just going to report this and see you have it under control already...   :afro:

stevemed2014

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of plan-g 3.1.2 and then tried to update my nav database. It reads the apt file and then says processing 34969 runways and then just hangs. I have taken off the custom scenery folder as I thought a rogue scenery might be causing the problem but it still hangs when processing the normal airports in x-plane. However I am running beta 4 of x-plane 10.40 so maybe that is the issue. It might be ok with the non-beta version of x-plane 10.40. But it does seem like the latest beta version has stopped the normally excellent plan-g software from working. Hopefully this is being looked into and a new version of plan-g can be released.

Cheers,
Steve

tim arnot

I must stress that this is not a final build, and there are still problems with it, but it is stable and it does fix the X-Plane database build problem with the new airports.dat. Windows 7/8/10 only at this time.
This version also loads X-Plane's airspace data, although it's not yet displaying correctly.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/plan-g/files/wip3/Plan-G-3.1.3.109-Test.zip

Tim. @TimArnot

DrW SD

Just built a new X-Plane database with 3.1.3... works like a champ! Thanks very much for the quick turnaround. And the excellent software!
Eric

paolozamp

This version sounds good!!!  Tnks Tim!

acorkhill

acorkhill

Thanks - it  works as it should :)