News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G freeze with Xplane 10.40b2 [Thread includes v3.1.3 beta]

Started by paolozamp, June 13, 2015, 08:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

trevg

Dionsol

Hello all, I just wanted to through my 2 cents in regarding Plan-G working with X-plane 10.40b5 7/1/2015 build. Yep plan-G 3.1.3 is working. Notice I see Airspace's now too, THAT FREAKING AWESOME!!!!
Very impressed. I'm comparing Plan-G Airspace's with Sky Vector and there pretty good. Plan-G  doesn't show all the airspace's though. Example my home base airspace KWJF Airport Lancaster, CA. USA & KPMD Plant 42 Palmdale Ca. USA are Class D with dash circle lines and Class E is between them which looks like magenta shading. But I'm not trippin, this is awesome compared to 3.1.2. Great job Tim
Dion Markgraf
AKA: Dionsol
Palmdale, Ca. USA

tim arnot

It's only a beta and I've done literally 5 minutes of testing on it. I know there are problems, but if the airspace is in the file, it ought to be displayed, even if it's "wrong". (I have no idea how complete the file is, but it does only cover North America. The data is in "OpenAir" format, which is a public standard, and there's lots of places on the web to download files for other parts of the world.)

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

I tried the latest beta version and after 90 minutes it was still building runways. I am going back to my previous version.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

tim arnot

Quote from: dempsey on July 04, 2015, 05:14:22 AM
I tried the latest beta version and after 90 minutes it was still building runways. I am going back to my previous version.

Could you attach the log, please.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Sorry Tim,

I must have made an operator error somewhere. I finally succeeded to do a clean install of 3.1.3.109 beta.

Building the XP database took a bit longer, but that is to be expected. I have both USA and Canadian airspaces. Plan-G does not show the airspaces yet; as already mentioned by you.

I noticed a lot of "Duplicate airport xxx rejected" in the log file. What is causing that?
I noticed too a lot of "Too many apts (1612)"  following "AirportsInBounds 1612" in the log file.

Appreciate all your efforts.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151