News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

running plan g on laptop without fsx or prepar3d

Started by johanm, June 17, 2015, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanm

can i run plan g on my laptop without running fsx or prepared.  i want to use my laptop for preparing VFR fligts on my way to work.  My laptop is an older version but it downloaded plan g and started it up but then i needed to connect for builkding a database.  I can't put fxs on my laptop and certainly not prepar3d.  Is there a way to get plan g still running

spokes2112

Sure,

I assume you've built the databases on the FS machine? If so, just copy all the folders & files from the FS Machine\Documents\Plan-G Files folder over to the laptop (same path -  Laptop\Documents\Plan-G Files)  via network or usb flash.

Roman

tim arnot

Install Plan-G on the FSX PC and build a database there. You can then copy it across to the laptop (Roman gave the folder details above). It is possible to build the database across the network, but it's a faff to set up and involves setting your network shares to mimic all the paths on the FS PC, so that when Plan-G reads the scenery.cfg it can find all the files. Copying a pre-built database is much easier!

Don't forget, you'll need to save your plans back across the network for FSX/P3D to use them.

Tim. @TimArnot

johanm