News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Data tab | Tools drop down crashes Plan-G

Started by bcbarnes, June 18, 2015, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcbarnes

I've really been liking this program, but I have one small issue - whenever I click on the 'Data' tab, and then click the little down arrow below the 'data tools', Plan-G crashes.

dempsey

I don't have this problem, but can you attach the file My Documents/Plan-G Files/Plan-G_log.txt to your next reply so that Tim can have a look at that.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

tim arnot

There's another way to that dialog, which is through the Files->Options->Locations menu. If one route crashes, maybe the other won't.

The log probably won't show anything, not if it's a full crash (if it's crashed, it can't write the log...), but the Windows crash report might show something, or the system logs, which you can read via EventViewer.

Tim. @TimArnot

bcbarnes

The plag_g log didn't show anything interesting, but event viewer does have two relevant events.

Faulting application name: Plan-G3.exe, version: 3.1.2.101, time stamp: 0x54aaa0ff
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014598
Faulting process id: 0x1ba4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0aa75bc99779c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Plan-G v3.1.2\Plan-G3.exe

And ...

Application: Plan-G3.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException
Stack:
   at Plan_G3.Views.BuildOptionsDialogView.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at Plan_G3.MainWindow.ShowDBLauncher()
   at Plan_G3.MainWindow.<.ctor>b__6(GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.NotificationMessage`1<Plan_G3.Messages.LauncherMessage>)
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Helpers.WeakAction`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Execute(System.__Canon)
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Helpers.WeakAction`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ExecuteWithObject(System.Object)
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.Messenger.SendToList[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<WeakActionAndToken>, System.Type, System.Object)
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.Messenger.SendToTargetOrType[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon, System.Type, System.Object)
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.Messenger.Send[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
   at Plan_G3.ViewModel.MainViewModel.BuildDBLauncher_Executed()
   at Plan_G3.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<.ctor>b__83()
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Command.RelayCommand.Execute(System.Object)
   at Fluent.Button.OnClick()
   at Plan_G3._Main.Main()

DC3Dave

Having the same issue here, networked configuration, with FSX, Windows 7.  Drop down opens and allows entry of locations but there is no confirmation button, no ok button in the lower right corner of the drop down, program crashes before or when the drop down is closed. and the locations are not saved.  Event viewer shows corresponding .NET Framework error.  Tried both routes to build.

Thanx

Never mind fixed it, danged Windows Firewall, FIREWALL THIS MICROSOFT!!

Cheers!

tim arnot

Glad you got yours working Dave. For the OP, another thing you could try is delete the config file, just in case there's a corrupt value got in there somehow. There's a silly path to it (out of my control) and I'm not near my dev PC to look it up, but it's given in the readme.

Tim. @TimArnot

bcbarnes

Thanks for the response Tim. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. No worries, though - as others have said there is another route to the same info.

Brian.