News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

FSX Fatal Error After PG Uninstall

Started by Eagle Spirit, June 19, 2015, 12:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle Spirit

After PG uninstall I can no long Plan a flight. Instead I get a "fatal error" and FSX restart When I hit "flight planner" FSX freezes up. Have Years in FSX building extensive scenery / AC on a system specifically built for FSX. i7 4770, SSD with designated FSX drive, Nvid 780 and more.

Needless to say, I'm sweat'n it out now! :o. I hope the support is good here :-\

TY, Eagle

Eagle Spirit

HOLD ON!!

This seems to be an issue w/Bear Studios J-15 Naval Fighter. Other AC seem to be cab able of Flt. Plan :)

tim arnot

Plan-G doesn't touch any part of FSX (it's all self contained in its own folder, doesn't hit the registry, doesn't use any internal FSX functionality beyond sending messages to a listening Simconnect port or FSUIPC), so uninstalling it shouldn't be able to affect its operation.

But weird things can happen in Windows, even on the best of days.

If FSX has Fatal Errored, it should have written a crash report (you may need to use Event Viewer to see it). It's not always helpful, but sometimes it can give a hint as to the reason.

Your second message suggests a specific aircraft may be the cause. Some aircraft certainly do bypass the built-in flight planner, particularly if they are using their own data, or Navigraph data etc. Whether that's the cause or not I couldn't say (I'm not familiar with that particular aircraft). Did you have it working while Plan-G was installed? It might be worth a look at Bear Studios forum to see if there are other reports of the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Tim. @TimArnot

Eagle Spirit

Thanks Tim,

Seems this only happens with the Bear Studio J-15 Naval Flanker. I've uninstalled it. Actually I'm having an issue with Just Flight, who supply it. I didn't get the AC as advertised. The skin is incorrect, and the carriers and carrier missions aren't there as advertised. I personally feel it's a "bootlegged" version" which Just Flight is trying to sell off as the Naval version. In FSX AC selection it should show on a carrier deck, but instead shows in the air. Something smells here :o. I have emailed martin at Just Flight but he seems evasive. I'll probably need to file a complaint.

Thanks for input.

Eagle

tim arnot

Seems strange. JustFlight are normally pretty responsive.

Tim. @TimArnot

chewit

Hi Eagle
I have a lot of stuff from JF and never had any probs with their help line
you need to talk to them and the prob will be sorted
cheers Mike