News:

Main Menu

Turbine / Jet Profile Types

Started by rosscogswell, July 09, 2015, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscogswell

Hello, congratulations to all the Plan-G team for a wonderful piece of software!

I've just started playing with Aircraft Profiles and have written one for the Raytheon T-6A Texan.

Unfortunately, when I load this profile and set up a flightplan I get zeros for all the fuel planning parameters.

Tried reading the manual and searching this forum. Tried downloading other folks turbine profiles and they do the same. When I switch back to the Baron profile, all is well again.

Can anyone help me? I'm sure I've missed something obvious!

Pictures (worth a thousand words) are attached.

Ross

TreeTops

You have unusable fuel set to the same value as max fuel. Ie no usable fuel.

rosscogswell

You are absolutely right TreeTops that was my first mistake. Good spot!

I corrected this by making Unusable=0, but I still get the same result.

Tried putting a couple of numbers in the piston section, that is, unchecked the Turbine / Jet checkbox to reveal Piston Performance fields, and the flightplan starts to reflect these numbers.

It is when the Turbine / Jet Performance fields are used alone that the problem happens.

Also, In the Fuel Reference fields (common to both Piston and Turbine / Jet), I have used pounds per hour. Should they be USG?

Ross

tim arnot

Looks like a bug. I'll investigate - thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Okay, you still need to set the climb rate/ descent rate etc. parameters on the Piston page, even though they're not shown on the turbine page.

Tim. @TimArnot

rosscogswell

Thank you Tim - my mistake missing that.

I'm very much enjoying using this software - thank you for what you have provided to the community.

Ross

tim arnot

Next version will have the missing boxes on both pages :)

Tim. @TimArnot