News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Data Build freezes at reading runways

Started by mdavis, July 18, 2015, 05:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdavis

v3.1.2.101 (Win 7,8 download) on a new machine, Win 8.1, X-Plane 10.40b5

Plan-G installs and displays the map.  Path is correct (otherwise the database builder wouldn't begin).  When I run the database builder it reads apt.dat but then it freezes at reading runways.  Any idea how to trouble-shoot this?  I'm seeing the runways on the map before I run the builder but no navaids or other features are displayed and the runway read never finishes.  (i7-4790K w/ 32GB RAM ran overnight).  I have hundreds of custom scenery files installed so I'm sure there are issues there.  How can I determine which one is blocking?  X-Plane loads and runs normally and log.txt gives me no clue.

mdavis

Apologies, I didn't catch the other thread on this problem with an earlier beta version of XP 10.40.  I'm downloading 3.1.3 test and will try in the morning.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

mdavis

That did it.  Thanks, Tim !!  I thought it was some "bad" Custom Scenery I loaded. :)

frenzl

It's not the version XP 10.40.
The error occurs with the new apt.dat comming with this version.
There is a new Skydive Dubai Airport in this apt.dat with the ICAO-Code: AE-0003
That's wrong!

Take a texteditor and load the apt.dat from \\X-Plane 10\Resources\default scenery\default apt dat\Earth nav data.
Then search AE-0003 and change this code to AE03.
Thats all!

Cheers,
Dietmar