News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Support Post - Network

Started by BrettT, July 30, 2015, 11:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrettT

Hi,

I am having difficulty getting Plan-G to interact with my P3D installation over the network.  I just recently got my ASN to work along with Panel Builder.  I have been able to get ASN to work with both the server (P3D machine) being called as its network name BRETT-SIMULATOR and by the ip address 192.168.1.9 (the included files show the network name version)

I was also able to text Plan-G on the local P3D machine and it was able to build the data base and seems to work fine.

When I go to build the data base in the client (non-P3D machine) and select P3D and select the correct network path for P3D and hit "ok" it does something very fast then stops

Any help is appreciated...this program looks fantastic and I am looking forward to using it!  Thank you for your help :-)

The forum would allow me to upload my xml file so here is the text from it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>

<!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration-->
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>BRETT-SIMULATOR</Address>
    <Port>500</Port>
  </SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

tim arnot

It's pretty much never worth trying to build a database across a network - there's a 99.9% chance that the path mappings for scenery locations in your scenery.cfg won't work on the client machine. If you've already built a database on the P3D machine, just copy the Plan-G Files folder across to the client machine and you're done.

Tim. @TimArnot

BrettT

Thanks Tim!

This did the trick and then I was able to use the manual to get the rest of the network interface setup.  Very nice product!!!

LittlePaulio

Quote from: tim arnot on July 31, 2015, 11:36:22 AM
It's pretty much never worth trying to build a database across a network - there's a 99.9% chance that the path mappings for scenery locations in your scenery.cfg won't work on the client machine. If you've already built a database on the P3D machine, just copy the Plan-G Files folder across to the client machine and you're done.
I've found it works pretty well when you map the drives containing the various scenery.cfg files on the FSX machine and set the appropriate permissions on the drives to allow whatever laptop user accounts you wish to provide access to. No problems yet, and I've done it twice after the initial import when I added new scenery add-ons. Your method is undoubtedly more reliable and foolproof though. I just like only having to import the database once. Cause I'm lazy like that  :)

Cheers,
Paul