News:

Main Menu

Translations (sorted - thanks)

Started by tim arnot, July 31, 2015, 12:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Hi all,

I need French and German translations of some UI text for a new feature. If you can help out, please attach your translation to this thread. Thanks everso :)

Only translate the text in bold:

Planned Altitude Planned Altitude button text
Show Planned Altitude Planned Altitude Tool tip
Shows an arc in front of the user aircraft where it will reach the planned altitude. Planned Altitude Tool tip
Planned Altitude. Shows range to altitude at current climb/descent rate. Planned Altitude Tool tip
Glide/Descent Altitude. Use this to show glide or descent range when in level flight. Planned Altitude Tool tip
Glide/Descent Rate. Use this to show glide or descent range when in level flight (0 = disabled). Planned Altitude Tool tip

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Could you please explain a bit more about the last two functions?
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Glide/Descend Altitude = the altitude to which you will descend (0ft 1000ft etc)
Glide/Descent Rate = the rate at which you will descend (500ft/min 2000ft/min etc)

Tim. @TimArnot

Birdy.dma

Planned Altitude: Altitude sélectionnée.

Show Planned Altitude: Montrer l'altitude sélectionnée.

Shows an arc in front of the user aircraft where it will reach the planned altitude: Affiche un arc indiquant la position ou l'altitude sélectionnée sera atteinte.

Planned Altitude. Shows range to altitude at current climb/descent rate: Altitude sélectionnée. Affiche la distance où l'altitude sélectionnée sera atteinte en se basant sur la vitesse verticale couranre.

Glide/Descent Altitude. Use this to show glide or descent range range when in level flight: Plan de descente/altitude cible. Position où l'altitude cible sera atteinte depuis le niveau actuel.

Glide/Descent Rate. Use this to show glide or descent range when in level flight (0 = disabled): Plan de descente/taux de descente. Position où l'altitude cible sera atteinte depuis le niveau actuel. (0 = désactivé).

Why not only one item for the two Glide/Descent:  Use this to show glide or descent range depending of GS and VVI? In french: Affiche la position où l'altitude sélectionnée sera atteinte, en se basant sur la vitesse sol et la vitesse verticale courantes.

Claude.

gaab

Quote from: Birdy.dma on August 02, 2015, 02:25:54 PM
Planned Altitude: Altitude sélectionnée.
Claude.

Revision proposal for Planned : I would use "Prévu" instead of "Sélectionné" to be consistent with the existing 3.2 translation.

Planned Altitude Altitude prévue
Show Planned Altitude Afficher l'altitude prévue
Shows an arc in front of the user aircraft where it will reach the planned altitude. Affiche un arc devant l'avion à la position où il atteindra l'altitude prévue.
Planned Altitude. Shows range to altitude at current climb/descent rate. Altitude prévue. Affiche la distance pour atteindre l'altitude prévue au taux actuel de montée/descente.
Glide/Descent Altitude. Use this to show glide or descent range range when in level flight. Plan de descente/Altitude cible. A utiliser pour afficher la pente ou la distance depuis le niveau de vol actuel
Glide/Descent Rate. Use this to show glide or descent range when in level flight (0 = disabled). Plan de descente/Taux cible. A utiliser pour afficher la pente ou la distance depuis le niveau de vol actuel (0 = désactivé).

I also have some difficulty to understand what is "glide or descent range range (?) when in level flight"...

tim arnot

Range = distance you will travel to reach the altitude (or ground)

Tim. @TimArnot

gaab

Quote from: tim arnot on August 07, 2015, 08:19:33 AM
Range = distance you will travel to reach the altitude (or ground)

In fact my question was about the repeated "range" on the "Glide/Descent Altitude" tooltip. I was wondering if it was intentional - and in that case I was missing something ;) - or not...

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I still need German, but French, Spanish and Italian are included in the new beta stickied at the top of the board.

Tim. @TimArnot

thinkingabout

My Try... :-)

Planned Altitude   geplante (Flug-)Höhe  (Flughöhe =FlightAltitude=Flightlevel..)
Show Planned Altitude   zeige geplante (Flug-)Höhe
Shows an arc in front of the user aircraft where it will reach the planned altitude.   Zeigt einen Bogen vor dem Flugzeug, an dem es die geplante (Flug-)Höhe erreichen wird.
Planned Altitude. Shows range to altitude at current climb/descent rate.   geplante (Flug-)Höhe. Zeigt die Entfernung an, bei der die (Flug-)Höhe bei gleichbleibender Steig-/Sinkrate erreicht wird
Glide/Descent Altitude. Use this to show glide or descent range when in level flight.   Gleit/Sink Höhe. Zeigt Dir die Gleit-oder Sink Reichweite während eines Geradeausflugs an..
Glide/Descent Rate. Use this to show glide or descent range????????????...should be rate,not range..or?.... when in level flight (0 = disabled).   Gleit-/Sink Rate. Zeigt Dir die Gleit-oder Sink Rate während eines Geradeausflugs an..(0...deaktiv)

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot