News:

Main Menu

Plan-G in Windows 10

Started by Demious, August 06, 2015, 11:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demious

I just installed Plan-G under Windows 10, but every time I start it up, it stops responding and the whole computer gets stuck. I can move my mouse, but that's all that is still functional.

What can I do to fix this?

Cheers,
Maarten

tim arnot

Does anyone else have Windows 10? Issues?

Tim. @TimArnot

bcbarnes

I did an upgrade win8.1 to win10. No issues. Considering wiping the system and doing a clean install soon (I am a glutton for punishment)

Demious

I think I found something.

I noticed that Win10 is quite slow with starting up all kinds of files, a simple Notepad text file often takes 20-30seconds, an installer can take even up to well over a minute to start and explorer locks during this time...
I'm used to opening a program and reposition the window as soon as it comes up, but this seems to cause loss of control. I tried waiting a little before doing anything when the program opened and then it's okay. I can move the program window and use all functions as I'm used to.

So if anyone experiences these same problems with Plan-G in Win10, just wait like 10-20seconds before clicking on anything and you should be fine.

Emile

Hello,
"noticed that Win10 is quite slow with starting up all kinds of files"
I confirm , it is slow
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Cordair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1150 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot .

Birdy.dma

Upgrade from win 7, an other one from win 8.1 without any problem.

Claude.

tim arnot

Quote from: Emile on August 09, 2015, 05:20:18 AM
Hello,
"noticed that Win10 is quite slow with starting up all kinds of files"
I confirm , it is slow

By default, Windows 10 gives priority to background tasks, not applications (this is wrong, IMHO)

To fix it:

Right click Start – System – Advanced system settings – Advanced – Performance Settings... - Advanced – check PROGRAMS

Tim. @TimArnot

gprguy

I'm having problems too with a fresh Windows 10 install. I've tried running Plan-G as administrator and in Windows 7 compat mode, neither made a difference. It's a network PC (not my main flightsim PC), the flight sim is P3D 2.5. When I start Plan-G, as soon as I click on the little corner button to set the paths to P3D so I can build the database, it crashes. I've tried both 3.1.2 and the 3.1.3 beta. If I can provide any other information please let me know.

gprguy

So user error, sorta. Clicking on that corner expand button does cause a crash, but I realized today that I didn't need to click there, and if I clicked on the build database button it would prompt me for my flightsim location and such. That worked fine, and so far the rest of the program seems to be working fine in Windows 10 too. Those corner buttons in other parts of the menu ribbon work fine too, it is just the Nav Database one that causes a crash.

tim arnot

Okay thanks, I'll look into that.

Tim. @TimArnot