News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

3.1.3 beta/test build - 113

Started by tim arnot, August 09, 2015, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

I don't have anything on this machine that shows line numbers, but there are a couple of errors in the log that I'll look at when I get the chance.

Tim. @TimArnot

kermit_70

I am trying to use the option MapProvider = Mapbox 1 , but so far without success.
I opened a (free) account in Mapbox and created a map based on mapbox.street
IN PlanG I put my mapID in "ID", but I am not sure what is the "Key": I tried my Mapbox password, my public token and the "share" address, but none is working.
I always get the blue tiles with error 401 (unauthorized).

Could you please give us more detailed instructions on how to use this feature?

Many thanks!

kermit_70

Is Mapbox working for anybody in this beta version?

Thanks

tim arnot

The v4 api should work fine (2 keys), but if your key is for v3 (1 key), you'll either need to use the release P-G or wait for the next update (since I mistakenly thought that v4 had replaced v3, instead of running alongside it). I'll try and sort that out over the weekend.

Tim. @TimArnot

kermit_70

I just opened a new account on mapbox.com, so I am guessing it is v4?
I have a Map ID and a "default API access token", which is very long...
Is that the "key" I should use in Plan-G?
Please tell me exactly where do I find the "key" to be used with my Mapbox map in Plan-G.

Apologies but I am completely new with this Mapbox thing, and I bet a lot of Plan-G users are.

Thank you for the support!

tim arnot

The key is the long "access token" - pk.-------etc

The ID is the map ID, usually your login + "." + the handle of the map you created. There are some standard IDs for the default maps - "mapbox.streets", "mapbox.dark", "mapbox.satellite" etc. You can see the list here: https://www.mapbox.com/developers/api/maps/#mapids

Tim. @TimArnot

kermit_70

Got it, many thanks.
I had to restart Plan-G after I put the ID and token in the settings, but it now works.

Many thanks!

sky one

"Database buil options" windo: pressing "Browse", the window to browse for the Flight simulator's exe is opened below the other Plan-G windows.
Windows Seven Professional.

Cannot build the BD (X-Plane 10.36): Plan-G is still running (no crash) and it's not exiting from "Building DB" state.
X-plane user

tim arnot

Cannot find: C:\Users\cristiano.taglia\Desktop\X-Plane 10\Resources\GNS430\airspaces

I'll make sure the error doesn't cause the build to stall.

Tim. @TimArnot

obasi

3.1.3 beta This one worked for Win 10...built the database right away

gaab

I am using the 3.1.3 beta version, and I have the same problem than in 3.1.2.

I still cannot display some very simple kml files, just showing the track of AI boats. Would be so great to be able to display them in order to know were to look to find  them.

Hereafter the code of one : anything I could simply modify in the kml file which causes this strange display (Plan-G switches to Zoom 17, Lat N0° 0' / W0° 0' ) ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
  <Document>
    <name>Foch_Gascogne</name>
    <Placemark>
      <name>9901</name>
      <Style>
        <LineStyle>
          <color>ff0000ff</color>
          <width>2</width>
        </LineStyle>
      </Style>
      <LineString>
        <tessellate>1</tessellate>
        <coordinates>
            -1.5573677322864, 45.06806241250483, 0
            -1.919538682889996, 44.21961669269761, 0
        </coordinates>
      </LineString>
    </Placemark>
  </Document>
</kml>

In order to cross check with the "reference", I tried to display the official sample kml file from Google, with no result  :(

I just found this at the end ogf the log file

19:30:32.6 <.ctor>b__3 NotificationMessageAction: OKml: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Un objet qui autorise la valeur Null doit posséder une valeur.
   à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   à Plan_G3.Model.KML.ReadKMLFile(String theFile, Map theMap)
   à Plan_G3.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<ShowKML_Executed>b__27(String callbackFileName)
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   à System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   à System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
   à GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.NotificationMessageWithCallback.Execute(Object[] arguments)
   à GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Messaging.NotificationMessageAction`1.Execute(TCallbackParameter parameter)
   à Plan_G3.MainWindow.<.ctor>b__3(NotificationMessageAction`1 fileMsg)

lsummer

Tim just wanted to let you know that i downloaded the beta to Windows 10 with P3d v3, it connected and ran for a few min then crashed. I tried the old version as well and the same deal its crashing.  If you need anything from me like a log file to help with the beta let me know and i will send it over.

Thanks Lee

gaab

Quote from: gaab on August 17, 2015, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: tim arnot on August 16, 2015, 11:11:42 AM
I'll look at it :)

Forgot to mention that I am using FSUIPC connection on the same PC as FSX (Windows 7 64bits).

Thanks

I tried to provide you more info.

1 - StartUp of Plan-G, Map showing Airports
2 - StartUp of FXS - before any connection suddenly all airports, etc disappear for map
3 - Close and start of Plan-G - without any further action, Map  shows airports, etc... !
4 - connection to Fsx, after loading a free flight, I get the "user aircraft" on map
5 - quit Fsx - airports, etc disappear ...
6 - Quit Plan-G
7 - Start Up PlanG - Airports re-appear
8 - Start FSX - Airports disappear - load a free flight
9 - Quit and Restart Plan-G - Airports reappear ...
10 - Connect - User Aircraft appears ..

Nothing special in the Log File... (attached)

Any schedule for an updated Beta ?

gaab

They call me "Stubborn"   ::)

Kml not showing - next episode ;)

As I noticed that kmz files were showing on Map, so I just zipped my kml file, changed the extension to kmz "et voilà", like US people would say, it worked as expected.

I retried to load the kml (text version), this time nothing special in the log file  :-\

Hope this helps.

Gérard

bstringer

hello. new to siming. I have xplane 10.40 and found plan g 3.1.3 on web and installed. however, when I click build database it brings up selection of sims but all are greyed out. tried running as admin but no change. I have also opened xplane and connected to squawkbox and retried but no change. cannot go any further. any help would be greatly appreciated and my .net is 4.5 if that makes any diff.

TX
Ben