News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

3.1.3 beta/test build - 113

Started by tim arnot, August 09, 2015, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

You need to tell it the location of your X-Plane - either in the Database Build Options dialog or Settings -> Locations. Browse to the location of your X-Plane.exe, and it'll activate the X-Plane button.

Tim. @TimArnot

jcplaza

Does this beta work well with PREPAR3D V3??

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

ostkamp

Quote from: tim arnot on August 09, 2015, 04:27:01 PM
* Added ability to move waypoints within the plan list using drag & drop (note: for multiselect, you must now hold down SHIFT. Multiple selections cannot be dragged.)

Thank you for adding this, it is of great help.

One minor issue with this: I failed to drag a waypoint and drop it below the last one so it would become the new last one. However it was possible to move up the last one and put it upper in the list as a workaround.

Ggthai

Works well with Windows 10 and FS 2004; in version V3.1.2 , I did'nt have all the informations, now every thing is ok, as it was with Windows 7: thanks a lot for this wonderful Plan G  ;D

pmb

Hi,

after I could not rebuild the database, I deinstalled 3.1.3 including all user documents and AppData files and made a completely new installation. Administrator right it set. I am still unable to build the database for Prepar3d3. However, I can build the database for Prepar3d2.5 which is still on my system. When I try to build the Prepar3d3 database, the build stops within a second and that's it.

Log file is attached, but seems to give no hint.

This is under an up to date Windows 10. I double-checked the paths are correct.

And idea what could go wrong?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

tim arnot

Could you please attach your scenery.cfg file - maybe that will show the cause of the problem.

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

pmb

First, thanks for taking care.

scenery.cfg is attached, however, there might have been some activations/de-activations in-between. The contents as such shouldn't have changed though (as far as I recall).

One additional info: I was able to rebuild the scenery database on a Client laptop without any issues based on the same Prepar3d3 installation (networked) (and the same version of Plan-G 3.1.3 - 113).

Kind regards, Michael

tim arnot

I notice that you have a lot of scenery installed inside "Program Files (x86)" Windows is overly protective of that folder and it has long been advised never to install user data there. It's very possible that Windows is just refusing Plan-G permission to access the scenery.

I'd certainly recommend that you put it somewhere else.

Or it could simply be that the hard-coded paths are incorrect. I'd check that K:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Addon Scenery\EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X is valid, for example.

Tim. @TimArnot

pmb

Thanks Tim,

I don't think "Program Files (x86)" is dangerous as long as it is not under C: which has special restrictions indeed. I never had any issues with this with previous versions of Plan-G. Moreover, the Client is able to build the database, which is quite strange indeed, it's just the Flightsim PC which stalls.

I'll have a closer look into the issue when I find more time and report here, if I find anything worth reporting.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael