News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

missing airport info on map

Started by gulliver54, August 11, 2015, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gulliver54

Hope someone can help,

Flying over Nepal I am missing airport information of some airports.
Normaly visible in the information drop box and on the map as a round pictogram.
For instance: Airport VNST is only depicted as a red triangle on the map and no info is appearing in the information drop box.
I have checked the scenery.cfg and can't find something wrong with it.

13:06:08.7 BNXWorld0.bgl Apts: 0 Vors: 0 Ndbs: 0 wpts: 0 Approaches: 0 Bdys: 7914
13:06:08.7 BNXWorld1.bgl Apts: 0 Vors: 0 Ndbs: 0 wpts: 0 Approaches: 0 Bdys: 9143
13:06:08.8 bvcf.bgl Apts: 0 Vors: 0 Ndbs: 0 wpts: 0 Approaches: 0 Bdys: 4201
This seems ok also.

I added the missing airport ICAO names in magenta on the attached map.

What's wrong??

Hope you can help

spokes2112

It looks like you do not have all the airports selected for being visible on the map tab.

gulliver54

I am sure that's the case but what to do?

tim arnot

If you goto Find Airport in Plan-G, are the airports present? Are they present in FS?

If answer 1 is no and answer 2 is yes, try rebuilding the database with the beta build at the top of the forum - that might well fix it.

Tim. @TimArnot

gulliver54

Thanks Tim for your answer,

Yes, the airports are visible in FSX, Garmin, with the airport information altitude- runways etc.
And no, if i open "Find Airport"in Plan-G, VNST isn't availible.

I will try to fix the database as mentioned.

Will report the result in due time.

Gradus

gulliver54

Hello Tim,

Just installed version 3.1.3 and as you predicted, no problems anymore.

VNST is visible direct after instaltion Plan-G and after starting FSX and loading my flighplan everything looks as it should be. As far as I can tell right now, all the missing airports are visible and accessible in the the airport-finder.

Without doing something extra my personal waypoints are also obtainable in this new version. Hurray!

Still wondering what went wrong. I ask this because if it is something I did, it might occur again.

Thanks
Gradus

tim arnot

Nothing you did - there's an issue fixed in the beta, where some airports could be missed on the database build.

Tim. @TimArnot

gulliver54

Many thanks for your help Tim.