News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

'Plan-G has stopped working' - W10/64

Started by Rob Jones, August 27, 2015, 12:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Jones

It's been working fine until today, now I get that message when starting it. I've tried W7 compatibility mode and always run as admin. There are no known changes to Windows apart from a Java update, unless MS have updated something.
Rob.

bd515

Yep me too just e installed it and now it will not work comes up and then says shutting down  tried several versions as well as the Beta

tim arnot

What version of DotNet do you have installed?

Quit on startup is always a DotNet mismatch problem - usually there's a service patch that hasn't been installed.

Tim. @TimArnot

Rob Jones

Registry tells me that 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.0 are installed. I tried installing 4.5 but it said already installed as part of the os.
Rob.

tim arnot

Ok, check for patches to 4.5 that you don't have installed.

Tim. @TimArnot

Rob Jones

Ran every patch/update I could find, and in each case Windows said 'not applicable'. Started up Plan-G on the off-chance it might work, and it did. Another mystery unsolved...

Cheers Tim,

Rob.
Rob.

Rob Jones

Owing to an age function my last post was nonsense ::). I was looking at my laptop when in fact it's the pc that doesn't work; I haven't tried looking for dotnet stuff yet.
Rob.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

I get this occasionally when I'm well into a flight. I restart Plan-G, and it appears to resume where it stopped, without me having to reload the plan. That's clever!

Frank T.

Rob Jones

Problem solved by deleting the folder TA_Software in AppDataLocal. Ran Plan-G and all was well. This was a fix Gerard Marley suggested when his Logger also stopped working at the same time.
I wrote this on my pc :P.
Rob.

tim arnot

That basically deletes the config files for all versions. I shouldn't have thought it would make a difference in this instance, but I've been surprised before. (deleting the config can cure a multitude of ills, including warts and certain forms of dementia. Sadly it doesn't make one able to pick winning lotto tickets)

Plan-G will rebuild the config next time it starts, but you'll have to reenter any custom settings, mapbox keys etc.

Tim. @TimArnot

kermit_70

Please excuse my ignorance, but where do I get and how do I install the .Net libraries/patches?
I know how to download and install .Net Framework 4.5 from Microsoft, but how do I make sure it is "updated"?

I am running Plan-G latest Beta version on Win 10.

Thanks!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

kermit_70

Problem solved by deleting the folder TA_Software in AppDataLocal and by restarting Plan-G (to build a fresh TA_Software folder with default settings), as suggested by Rob Jones here above. I just had to go through my settings in Plan-G again, but it wasn't a big deal.
In Windows 10 you can find the AppData Low folder as indicated here:
http://wind8apps.com/appdatalocallow-missing-windows/

I did download and try to install .NET Framework 4.5 but my computer told me I already had it.

Now everything is working back to normal.

Thanks