News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Running both P3D and XPlane on multi view

Started by peasmarsh, August 30, 2015, 11:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peasmarsh

Morning Tim.

I have Plan-G3 v 3.1.2.101  working perfectly on my laptop [LT1] with the sim on my desktop machine [DT1], I am using XP Wide client with  FS Connection as XPUIPC, works brillantly.

I also have P3Dv2.5 running on DT1, I have a couple of questions on the P3D sim

1. Which FS connection parameter should I use for P3D?
2. When I tried to update the Navigation database, I could map to the exe file for P3D on DT1 machine, what I could not find was the scenery.cfg what is the default location for this?
3. Would this be why when I attempt to build the database, after 1 or 2 sec's and some flashes, nothing happens and the Display Prep3D data stays grayed out.

Any help or advice you can give will be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Clive 

tim arnot

1. If you have installed FSUIPC in P3d, you can use the same settings.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Scenery.cfg
or
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Scenery.cfg

3. Dunno. It's never a good idea to build the database across the network in any case - all sorts of mapping failures can screw things up. Far better to build on the FS machine and copy the database across. Unless you have different scenery addons, the P3D database is identical to the FSX one anyhow.

Tim. @TimArnot

peasmarsh

Hi Tim.

No I do not have FSUIPC on DT1 machine.

Thanks for the path for the scenery.cfg

I will do as you suggest build the database and then copy across to the LT1 machine which I use for PlanG what is the location for the P3D database please?

Thanks.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

peasmarsh