News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G 3.1.2: Fails to build X-Plane 10.41 database

Started by Haddock, October 17, 2015, 04:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddock

Hello,

Plane-G is running on the same Win7 Pro machine as FSX and X-Plane with databases for both of them. For some reasons I want to re-build the X-Plane database in Plan-G after the update to X-Plane 10.41 today but it fails every time after showing "building xxxxx airports" for more than 15 minutes.

Starting Plan-G as administrator did not help. I can't identify in the logfile what is going wrong, and I did not find something special for this problem here in the forum.

Which further informations are needed to help me out? The logfile has a size greater than 2 MB so I want to ask before posting here...

Thanks in advance

Haddock

dempsey

I haven't committed to X-Plane 10.41 yet, but will do so soon.

In the meantime attach your log file to your reply so that Tim can have a look at it when he is on the forum. Maximum attachment size is 4 MB.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

Haddock

Hello,

I have installed in X-Plane the "prefab_Airports" tool and using the "AirportRemover" to clean airports contained in my "senery_pack.ini" out of the global and out of the prefab_Airports databases. It is working fine, no doubled airport sceneries anymore and some 3d objects found added at most of the smaler airfields/airports.  :13:

My last Plan-G database was created before I was installing the tools descripted above. Now I don't know if the problem of Plan-G to create a new database is based on the using of this tools, by the X-Plane update to 10.41 or something else. I was trying a lot since my initial question, with the changes of the AirportRemover restored or not, with deleted databases in Plan-G and several combinations but the result was allways the same: After 5 minutes the process was stuck at the message "Building xxxxxx airports". After break off the process and restarting Plan-G only airports are showing but no nav aids or further informations. The log file is now showing a long lists of duplicated airports...so I was giving up for now.  :-\

The 1st entry in the attached log file was created during an attempt with the changes of the AirportRemover tool restored and all Plan-G databases deleted.

After that I was copy a set of backuped databases into Plan-G and was checking this. It was working for now and this is showing in the 2nd entry of the logfile.

At least there is the question for the source of Plan-G's problem to create a new X-Plane database:

• Is it based on the tools I used so that some files are corrupted in X-Plane?
  • Could it be the update of X-Plane?
  • Did we found the failure somewhere between my ears? ???
  • Or something else...?

Haddock

tim arnot

Use the 3.1.3 beta at the top of this forum. It fixes this problem.

Tim. @TimArnot

Haddock

Hi Tim,

at first I thought you're kidding me as I was looking for the file in the thread. But then I was using a browser on another computer to look in this forum. There as a guest the default language "English" was used and I was able to see your text and the missed download link. Hugh...?  :o

It can be reproduced - take a look in the attached screenshot:

• With "German" choosed as language in the forum I can't see the context of your message.
  • If the language in the forum is switched to "English" the text and the link will be shown.

Is this a kind of an intelligence test? Did I passed?  :angel:  ;D

Haddock

Haddock

Quote from: tim arnot on October 18, 2015, 10:07:53 AM
Use the 3.1.3 beta at the top of this forum. It fixes this problem.

Hi Tim,

you're right, it is working now. But the log file is filled well with several messages about duplicate airports and other (format?) errors. But it did the work in ca. 10 minutes and in a first test everything seems to run (including connection to X-Plane).

Thanks for help.

Haddock

ffisher67

Last week my machine HD died.
Now rebuilding with a new HD.
Downloaded and installed latest P-G 3.1.2, updated X-Plane to 10.41/64bit.
Had problems with the database.
Just found and loaded P-G 3.1.3 beta.
Database update went with no problems, took less than 3 minutes.
Connects via XPUIPC no problems.

Now to reinstall FSX, ugh, not looking forward to that.

Voyager!

Followed your advice Tim and loaded Plan-G 3.1.3.113-w7 Beta.
Works fine.
Thanks.

tim arnot

Quote from: Haddock on October 18, 2015, 03:48:36 PM
you're right, it is working now. But the log file is filled well with several messages about duplicate airports and other (format?) errors.

Don't worry that's cos it's a beta. :)

No idea why the forum should behave like that if the language is German - it's all supposed to "just work" (obviously not :( )

Tim. @TimArnot

glr1210

Hi there

A friend kindly recommended Plan-G and I am quite exited since we do a lot of Online Flying on IVAO.  I have installed V3.1.2.101 but have the same problem of the database not completing the build. It gets stuck at writing the Airways.  I have followed the forum and also tried to install the V3.1.3 Beta but it can't run on my PC.

I have Window XP SP3 32Bit with 4 GB Ram and run FSX Deluxe SP2

Below attached my Plan-g Log file. 

I will appreciate any help as I'm not really familiar with the insides of software. 
Gustav Le Roux

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

glr1210

Hi Tim

Thank you for your replay. I have tried to install V3.1.3 Beta on my PC but the software can't be installed on my Win-XP PC.  I have since installed the Beta on my Win-8 Laptop and it does work their.  I setup my Laptop up on the Network and I'm able to use the Plan-G in this way..

Regards

Gustav
Gustav Le Roux

tim arnot

Then you'll have to fix up the apt.dat file. See the last message in this thread for how to do that: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3194.0

Tim. @TimArnot

glr1210

Gustav Le Roux

ostkamp

Thanks Tim. The beta fixes the build problem for me with XP 10.41.