News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Saving a flight plan for Prepar3d v3

Started by MerlinCH65, November 07, 2015, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MerlinCH65

Dear all

I am running prepar3d v3 and the latest Plan G Version. The database of Plan G is built and connected to Prepar3d v3 - so far all is ok.
When I want to Export a flightplan to prepar3d, I assume I shall choose FSX as there is no Option for Prepar3d.
I heard that I shall save the flightplan in an .XML-Format - not in the FSX .pln Format. But - how do I do that - when I Export to FSX it only allows to create .pln files - not XML.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Kind regards

Merlin

tim arnot

FSX PLN files are XML format. There is no ".xml" extension.

Tim. @TimArnot

MerlinCH65

Hello Tim
Thanks for your reply!
The reason I asked is this: I created a filght plan in Plan G but when I try to load it - it's not "there" - it seems as if Prepar3d is looking for another format than .pln.
Do you have any idea how I can load a Plan-G flightplan into Prepar3d?

Sorry - I'm probably doing a stupid mistake - still cant find out what's going wrong.

Cheers,
Merlin

tim arnot

Did you save it in the right place? FSX (and probably P3D) will only look in one place for flight plans (For FSX that's "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files". There's undoubtedly a similar folder for P3D)

Tim. @TimArnot

bush_pilot

Late in responding to the lead question. I did a little research on how to get an FSX plan into P3Dv3 (more like experimentation. When you open the Flight Plan option in P3Dv3, it will give you the normal Create and Edit option tabs; at the bottom is the option to load a flight plan. Navigate to your FSX flight plans and choose one. It should load up into your Flight Plan and then off you go.