[P3D] V3 : Plan-G V3.1 database and Navigraph data discrepancies

Started by Patrice_fs9, November 10, 2015, 10:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrice_fs9

Hi,

I am using P3D V3 and I have built the database (Plan-G 3.1.2)

I updated the P3D data with most recent data (cycle 1511) from Navigraph . I am using Aerosoft airbus as liner.

I have seen some discrepancies between the data from Navigraph and yours:

example: In Dublin EIDW, the ILS/DME from Navigraph is 111.35 Mhz, the one of Plan-G is 108.1.

So, the data from Plan-G are not reliable.

Do you expect soon to get the nav data from Navigraph in order to get the right data?

Thanks.

Patrice.

tim arnot

If you install the Navigraph update for X-Plane, Plan-G can use that. (you don't need X-Plane to use the data, although you may have to recreate some of the directory structure).

Switching between  FS9/FSX/P3D/X-Plane in Plan-G only tells it which database to use, it does not affect general functionality.

Tim. @TimArnot

airernie

Tim,
Can I assume by your comments that could also use a Navigraph database in FSX also?

If so, how?

Thanks,
Ernie

tim arnot

Only if you have an FMS-type device that's designed to use Navigraph data - such as the high-end Boeing/Airbus sims, or certain add-on GPSs. I'm not aware of any products that globally update data in the core sim.

Tim. @TimArnot

airernie

Thanks Tim,
I realize that I misstated my question.  I meant using Navigraph data as a replacement for the Plan-G database. 

However, I did some additional forum searches and the answer appears to be "not at this time".

Ernie

tim arnot

If you install Navigraph for X-Plane, that replaces the default X-Plane data, and Plan-G will use it (assuming you either have X-Plane installed or are using a fake X-Plane.exe file so that Plan-G can find the data). Plan-G is completely agnostic when it comes to mixing sims and databases - it really doesn't care. But you should be aware that there can be a mismatch between the indicated position of an aircraft relative to a navaid in Plan-G and the sim under those circumstances.

Tim. @TimArnot

airernie

Thanks for the explanation..

I'm a FSX user, but it looks like the fake xplane.exe thing is worth exploring.

Ernie