News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Documentation for SimConnect on Seperate PC

Started by CXA001, December 03, 2009, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CXA001

First of all, Kudos on a great product. I haven't seen anything as good as this since back in the FSNav days which doesn't work in FSX.

I hope you don't mind some constructive critism regarding the the manual.

Normally when connection applications through SimConnect modifications also need to be made in the SimConnect.cfg file and there does not seem to be any reference to this. I couldn't get Plan-G to work until I added the necessary lines into the SimConnect.cfg and after that, everything is worked great.

Also, it would be a good idea to mention that if connecting using 2 PCs it is important to go to the Locations tab in Options and indicate the FSX path and flight plan path of the FSX PC otherwise you won't be able to import flight plans or build the Flight Plan database.

If this could be put in the In the 10.2.1 FSX with SimConnect section of the manual it would make setting up Simconnect for pilots a lot easier to understand.

As this is a beta, I realize the manual is no finalized and you have perhaps already thought of this, but I thought it may be worth mentioning.

Great job and keep up te good work!

VATSIM: P2 | I1

tim arnot

Plan-G does not require or use Simconnect.cfg. The values you would put into that file are instead entered in the FSConnection tab of the Options dialog.

Tim. @TimArnot

CXA001

Ah good to know.  :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

VATSIM: P2 | I1