News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G on a second monitor

Started by Pigwiggen, November 25, 2015, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigwiggen

Recently I bought a second, larger monitor. I should like to display the Plan G map on the older, smaller one whilst using MS FSX on the larger. I have it set up in 'Extended' view.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I set about it.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
ASUSTek Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM: 16GB Dual channel
335 GB Corsair Force GS (SSD)

jhkaye

Does your graphics card have dual graphics capability?  The client PC on my networked system does, and I have two monitors.  You would need to run fsx in windowed mode, but it should work.  I have multiple monitors on my Alienware Aurora system and can run fsx and Plan-G both at the same time.

Jim Kaye

Pigwiggen

Thanks for that. My graphics card can run the two monitore but the trouble arises when I try to drag Plan G across to the smaller, secondary monitor. Currently I don't have MS FSX installed,so without that, but being able to open Plan G on my primary monitor, do I just drag the  icon across? If I try to reduce the Plan G map then it all shrinks to a tiny choice in the top left-hand corner of my primary monitor. And that just isn't draggable.

Strewth!
Windows 10 Pro
ASUSTek Z170 Pro Gaming

jhkaye

I'm using two monitors on my Client PC for flight simulator, running Windows 10.  With Windows 10, I use the icon in the lower left corner, select Settings, then select Display.  There are choices under Multiple Displays to select "Extend These Displays".  After making this selection I can drag windows such as the Plan-G map across to the second monitor.

In Windows 7, I can select Control Panel, Display, Change Display Settings, and under Multiple Displays select the choice "Extend these displays".  If you can do this, you should be able to drag windows from the one monitor to the other.

The Plan-G map is a standard window, and you can use the mouse to adjust its width and height.  If it is taking up the full screen, select the square at the top right to change it so that the width and height can be made smaller.

Hope this is helpful.

Jim Kaye

Pigwiggen

That's what I'm trying to do but the trouble is that the only choice I can see is either to have it displayed full screen or shrunk down to the task bar. Grr.
Windows 10 Pro
ASUSTek Z170 Pro Gaming

Pigwiggen

At last I have discovered the way to shrink that full screen map page.
  Looks like I'm on my way.
Windows 10 Pro
ASUSTek Z170 Pro Gaming