News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

opening the PLAN window

Started by sagamol, December 05, 2015, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagamol

good morning, when i open the plan window it opens outside the perimeter of my screen and it wont let me drag it into position where i can see the top portion of the plan window. i tried to reduce resolution on my second screen that i use to display g-plan, even after dragging the whole thing to the main screen i can't see the whole plan screen, just the lower half of it...

spokes2112

I suppose there are two ways to do it. First off go to C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G3.exe_Url_SOME HASH CODE\VERSION#\user.config then -

• Delete the user.config file. You will lose all your settings and it will get rebuilt on the next Plan-G Run. -OR-
  • Open the user.config file using a plain text editor (IE Notepad) and modify a few lines while Plan-G is closed.
Starting at around line(s) 434 there are these entries -

<setting name="PlanWindowPosition" serializeAs="String">
                <value>86,128</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="PlanWindowSize" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1307,700</value>
            </setting>

Change the above red text so the window position = 0,0 and the window size is small enough (~ 200,200) so that you can resize it larger if needed.

sagamol

I can not find the conf file on my computer. i am using windows XP

spokes2112

For XP users the user.config file is in -
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\TA_Software\Plan-G3.exe_URL_<RANDOM HASH CODE>\<VERSION #>\

Where the folder "Local Settings"and onward are hidden.  (Tools|Folder Options|View)

Roman

sagamol

thank you, I deleted the config file and it worked. everything is back to how it should be. great help! appreciate it!