News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan G slows and freezes

Started by jeffeven, December 11, 2015, 06:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffeven

I've searched through the forum and have found several people complaining about the same thing but found no solutions.  I love this program and once it get everything up and running I will definitely make a contribution for your efforts.

Once I open FSX and connect with Plan G everything slows to a snails pace.  Zooming in may take 2 - 3 minutes (really) and the same for dragging the map (I'm using Mapquest OSM).  Very frustrating but I'm sure (?) there is an easy fix for this problem.

Would appreciate any help.

Jeff Even
Rocklin, CA, USA

Vista Ultimate w/sp 2, AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 GHz
8 GB Ram, 64 bit os, FSX, GSX,  RC, REX Tex Dir & Soft clouds,
ASNext, PMDG 737/47/777

tim arnot

Is this on the same PC as FS? Does it only slow down after you connect? If so, what aircraft do you have loaded? How are you connecting (FSUIPC or Simconnect)? What other external add-ons do you have running?

Tim. @TimArnot

jeffeven

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, it slows down after I connect with FSX.  I connect with Simconnect.  I run Plan G on the same computer but on a separate monitor.  Have been using it with the Carenado Piper 180.  Not running any additional addons while connected.  Usually keep Chrome open for Sky Vector.

Thanks again.

Jeff

tim arnot

What do you have Connection Sync set to? Lock / Sync / Free ?

Also, try connecting with FSUIPC, see if that makes a difference

Can you also attach the log file - it's worth checking it for errors.

Tim. @TimArnot

jeffeven

Sorry for the late response.  Don't know how to generate a log file.   Have used both lock and sync.  Will try free shortly and let you know.  Is my system up to handling Plan G?

Vista Ultimate w/sp 2, AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 GHz
8 GB Ram, 64 bit os, FSX, GSX,  RC, REX Tex Dir & Soft clouds,
ASNext, PMDG 737/47/777

Thanks, Tim.

Jeff

jeffeven

Sorry, Tim but nothing seems to work.  Have tried all combinations of things, i.e.  traffic on/traffic off, sync/free/lock, different maps.  I'm stuck.  I'm going to keep trying (hopefully with your help) before I give up on it.

Best,
Jeff

tim arnot

Should be okay, although I have no idea about AMD cpus. "Lock" will give the worst performance by a long way since it redraws the map however many times a second your system updates. Similarly "Free" will give the best performance since it never forces the map to redraw (so your plane will disappear off the side)

Different maps will be governed only by your Internet connection to that provider.

Traffic can have an effect - best to turn it off for performance.

But high spec aircraft with their own background processes, and addons that also  do external things could easily cause all kinds of delays for other software trying to talk to the sim.

Plan-G automatically generates logs - see the readme. Simconnect can be made to generate logs, but you'd really need to install the FS SDK for the instructions.

Tim. @TimArnot