News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build Navigation Database

Started by appolo, December 28, 2015, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appolo

Hi , i am new to Plan-G and trying to set up the FSX database , but need some help please ? I am running Vista .
when i start Plan-G i click on Build Navigation database
Then i tick  Build FSX database then click settings,
in FSX program i fill in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"
Now i have the problem .
In FSX Scenery.CFG i do not know what to put ?
i have found this when looking for the config file "C:\user\AppData\roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG"
is this the correct path ? or have i got it wrong ?
please help as i cant wait to get using  Plan-G
thank you  :)

tim arnot

C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg

Tim. @TimArnot

appolo

thanks Tim , I copied that into the right place and pressed ok , the ok button dissapears but then nothing happens , how long does it take to compile the database and does it let you know when its finished doing it .
sorry but i am not very technical

tim arnot

No more than 5-10 minutes, tops.

If it doesn't complete, grab the log file (it's in your Plan_G Files folder) and attach it here.

Tim. @TimArnot

appolo

thanks tim

but i found no log file in the Plan-G folder :(

appolo

Tim I have just run fs2004 build nav database and that worked perfectly :) so that part is working ok

appolo

THank you Tim for your help , pleased to say i have managed to get the path for scenery right and fsx has a database , thanks for you help and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR ,

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot