News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Meigs Field Chicago

Started by mgculver, February 01, 2016, 05:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgculver

Hi. Recently installed ORBX Meigs Field but cannot see Meigs Field in Plan-G. Is there some way to update the airfields in plan-G?

Thanks,

MikeC

Lonewolfee1

In Plan G up at the top menu select Data - Build Navigation Database - check the box for which sim you have - make sure you check "settings" tab so Plan G knows where to look for data then click OK and let Plan G build new database. 

dempsey

mgculver,

As far as I know Meigs field does not exit anymore. I loaded a custom scenery of it on X-Plane, but Plan-G still does not get it in its database.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

mgculver

Thanks. I'll try the rebuild. Won't be surprised if Meigs doesn't show up as it was closed some 10 years back (I think).

tim arnot

if you add new scenery, you need to rebuild Plan'G's database for it to show in Plan-G.

Also, you should be aware that Orbx scenery switches in and out according to whatever region is active, so you should add it to the additional scenery locations list to make sure it's always included.

Tim. @TimArnot

groundhog

Is there an issue with adding DLC steam scenery to Plan-G? I have added several regular fsx sceneries to the additional scenery locations list and had no problems. Yet when doing so for the DLC steam version of Meigs Field, it will not show on the map.

PS. My apologies to mgculver for hijacking his thread.

mgculver

Ran the rebuild of the database; Meigs is now showing.

I am taking it that after adding airports/scenery, it is necessary to rebuild the Plan-G database. I'll do that in the future.

Thanks for the help.

tim arnot

Quote from: groundhog on February 02, 2016, 05:47:59 PM
Is there an issue with adding DLC steam scenery to Plan-G? I have added several regular fsx sceneries to the additional scenery locations list and had no problems. Yet when doing so for the DLC steam version of Meigs Field, it will not show on the map.

PS. My apologies to mgculver for hijacking his thread.

So long as you rebuild the database in Plan-G after installing the scenery, it should show up fine.

Tim. @TimArnot

groundhog

Quote from: tim arnot on February 03, 2016, 09:34:53 AM

So long as you rebuild the database in Plan-G after installing the scenery, it should show up fine.

Then I must not be adding the scenery into Plan-G correctly. The DLC Meigs scenery is located in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ . . .\DLC\379548\KCGX\scenery. There are several .bgl files in that folder, yet none of them are actually airport files according to ADE when I try and open them in that program. There is an .xml file as well, but ADE doesn't like it either. The scenery shows in FSX-SE, is present on the internal world map, and can be found via the GPS; so the actual airport file has to exist somewhere, me thinks  :-\

tim arnot

In that case, have a look in the scenery.cfg. Meigs should be the most recent entry, and that's where both FSX and Plan-G will be looking. Maybe there's something odd about the entry . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

groundhog

Something odd indeed:

[Area.165]
Title=Orbx Meigs Field
Active=TRUE
Layer=165
Required=FALSE
Local=KCGX

I change it to Local=DLC\379548\KCGX\, thinking the cfg was looking for it right after the FSX folder, like the other entries in the cfg I found, but nothing changed on the database rebuild. A search for the actual KCGX airport bgl file turns up nothing. I wonder if Steam encodes that differently somehow.

tim arnot

Pass. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Tim. @TimArnot

groundhog

Thanks :) - and I'll keep poking around Steam to see if I can figure it out on this end

mutley

The local path should be ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX

The full path is C:SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX

Hope that helps.
Windows 10/64 Pro | i9 7900K | GTX1080ti

groundhog

That is indeed the path if it were not DLC. It seems DLC from Steam dumps the scenery into another folder all together. And, on top of that, I cannot find an actual airport bgl file located in the folder that contains all the other KCGX bgl files. Could someone post the airport bgl filename for the KCGX scenery so I can see if I have it?