News:

Main Menu

Build Database

Started by mikeagle, December 05, 2009, 01:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeagle

Every time I start Plan-G I got the message ask me to rebuild the database !?!?!?!?
Do iI need to put in a specific diretory?

navion

Just clic on "build FS9 (or FSX) database"  ... all automatic

navion
Intel Q6600 - GeForce GTS250- XP sp3 - FS9 SP3 for IFR - FSX SP2 for VFR

jenko

Have built data base for FSX all seems OK, but, when I try to connect to Flight Sim an error message appears,unable to connect to F/S(is F/S running?)If you are using FS9- check you have FSUIPC installed---see log for more details????I do not even have FS9 on my computer only FSX.Obviously something is missing as this same software is successfully installed and operating on my laptop. Where is this log I should see for more details?
Any helpers?
Thanks

navion

Look at this post http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=193.0 ...
and red the manual. I'm sure you find the solution.

The "log file" is in the directory you have install Plan_G.

navion
Intel Q6600 - GeForce GTS250- XP sp3 - FS9 SP3 for IFR - FSX SP2 for VFR

mikeagle

Here why I need to rebuild every time!!!!!

Sample of my Plan-G_log.txt

13:52:04 Error saving VOR IHL: Unknown
SQL = INSERT INTO VORsX (Latitude, Longitude, Identifier, [Name], Variation, Elevation, Frequency, Range, Owner, LocHeading, LocWidth, GsLatitude, GsLongitude, GsElevation, GsRange, DMELatitude, DMELongitude, DMEElevation, DMERange, Flags, Region) VALUES (-45.9235854819417,170.209473073483,'IHL','ILS 03',335,3,110.3,27.00918,'NZDN',56,5.944264,-45.9332444518805,170.191649794579,3,27.00918,0,0,0,0,13,'');
13:52:04 Error saving VOR IDN: Unknown
I'ts seem not be able to write the database !??!%!%!%?!%
Help! ??? ???

tim arnot

No, that error won't stop the database being written (or nobody would be able to write databases). It's more likely to be something local.

What OS are you using? Did you install Plan-G in Program Files? (specifically advised against in the Readme) Have you set Run As Administrator?

Tim. @TimArnot

aaaaaaaa

Hi Tim!

I use Windows XP with admin right.
On my PC everything works fine!
Plan-g is installed on my drive (H:\Plan-G\)
My FSX is installed on my drive F:\FSX\

Every time I start the program, it will ask me to rebuild the database.
After the rebuild, some menu icon are gray.

Scratch head !!!!! ???

tim arnot

Have a look in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt) and see if there are any errors.

Tim. @TimArnot

jock

The program is exceptionally good. Very many thanks, Tim.
I have been using Plan-G with FSX on Vista for some time now. However, I can't build FS9 database because it is greyed out. I assure you, FS9 IS installed and fully working on my computer.
Any way round this problem, please?
Jock

tim arnot

If it doesn't think it's installed, its because it can't find the FS9 entry in the registry. You can tell it where FS9 is located in the Options/Locations dialog.

Tim. @TimArnot