News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Connection issue to X-Plane 10.4 with Plan-G 3.1.3

Started by zymurg, February 20, 2016, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zymurg

I have both Plan-G v 3.0.7.71  and v3.1.3  installed and use Windows 10, (although my problem also occurred in Windows 8)

The older version of Plan-G connects to X-Plane without difficulty.  I have the latest version of XPUIC 64 bit installed.
After I installed Plan-G v3.1.3 and used all the same settings as with v 3.0.7.71 Plan-G connected to X-Plan but only once. (the first time I tried using it.) After that v3.1.3 no longer connects to X-Plane although I made no settings changes and they are exactly the same as v3.0.7.71.  Only one installation of X-Plane 10 so the same location etc is referenced in the settings. All the x-plane data files are there and everything else is the same for both versions only v3.1.3 will not connect and v3.0.7.71 does
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

tim arnot

Seems very odd. There's no change to any of the connectivity code between those versions (it hasn't changed in a long time).

You should know however, that each version has its own config file, so if you changed any parameters in the old version, you'll also need to change them for the new one. You should also check your permissions - are both versions running as administrator (or not) - they need to have the same permissions level as X-Plane or they won't communicate.

DotNet version: 3.1.3 uses DotNet 4.5, 3.0 was (I think) DotNet 4.0. Worth checking it's up to date.

Tim. @TimArnot

zymurg

Thanks Tim.
Need some help on checking/updating DotNet. Not familiar with that.
I will check permissions and make sure I run the app under Administration to be sure.. However, both versions access through the same X-Plane link, and v3.1.3 worked the first time tried, just never after.

zymurg

Resolved.
I uninstalled v3.1.3 re-downloaded and reinstalled it and it is working now. I must be sure to remember to 'Run as Administrator' as the instructions say or it will not connect, . Edit  (I changed the properties so it will always run as Administrator)