News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G to FSX Connection Issue

Started by ark, February 27, 2016, 10:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ark

I am using FSX Delux with SP2 and the latest versions of Plan-G and FSUIPC on a Win7/64 machine . I connect Plan-G to FSX using FSUIPC and IPv4. FSX and Plan-G are running on the same computer, although Plan-G uses a separate monitor.

The problem is that frequently it will take Plan-G 10 to 20 seconds to connect to FSX, or to update if the plane is moved to a new location. When this happens the Plan-G screen will turn "foggy" (light white ). I've had the same problem using SimConnect and IPv4 to connect Plan-G to FSX.

Would appreciate hearing any suggestions about what might be causing this.

Thx,
Al

tim arnot

Do you have anything else that's using FSUIPC - a complex aircraft, controls, remote instruments, stuff like that?

How much RAM do you have? Is anything else running?

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

I am also having problems connecting to FSX. I have been using FSTramp, but due to a change in pricing policy I have dumped it and returned to PlanG. I used to use this program and never had a problem connecting. . .now I have a problem.
I am running the program as an administrator
I have a registered version of FSUIPC which I continue to update.
I have run the database program for both FSX and P3D_V3.1
I have a continuous internet connection and I have a router (which I only have in order to access wifi for my satellite TV function).

When I load PlanG and click on "connect" it attempts a connection and then almost immediately drops. I don't want to belabor the point, however I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a program to work. . .and I fear that that's exactly what is coming. Please tell me I'm wrong and it's something simple.

Note: this appears to be an FSX Only problem as I just loaded P3D and it connects without any problem.

ark

Quote from: tim arnot on February 28, 2016, 07:12:00 AM
Do you have anything else that's using FSUIPC - a complex aircraft, controls, remote instruments, stuff like that?

How much RAM do you have? Is anything else running?

Thanks for the response.
I use the Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals, and mainly have been flying the FSX default Lear45. I do send all controls through FSUIPC, but have a friend who does that same and is not experiencing this issue.
The computer has 16GB of RAM.

I flew today for about 3 hours, and this delay issue with Plan-G happened about 4 or 5 times.  To perhaps clarify a bit, this issue shows up when I make some type of request of Plan-G by clicking on something with the mouse. If does not seem to happen otherwise "on its own".  Also, I do not notice any issues with FSX itself, it seems to be running fine.

Al

tim arnot

I believe FSUIPC writes a log file (in the FSX\Modules folder). It might be worth attaching that here in case it throws some light on the problem. Also worth attaching the Plan-G log (in Plan-G Files)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: falcon409 on February 28, 2016, 08:26:24 PM
I am also having problems connecting to FSX. I have been using FSTramp, but due to a change in pricing policy I have dumped it and returned to PlanG. I used to use this program and never had a problem connecting. . .now I have a problem.
I am running the program as an administrator
I have a registered version of FSUIPC which I continue to update.
I have run the database program for both FSX and P3D_V3.1
I have a continuous internet connection and I have a router (which I only have in order to access wifi for my satellite TV function).

When I load PlanG and click on "connect" it attempts a connection and then almost immediately drops. I don't want to belabor the point, however I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a program to work. . .and I fear that that's exactly what is coming. Please tell me I'm wrong and it's something simple.

Note: this appears to be an FSX Only problem as I just loaded P3D and it connects without any problem.

Is FSX also running as administrator? What error is returned? (you'll find this in the Plan-G log file) Also, as with the OP, its worth hunting out the FSUIPC log too - that should record the connection attempt.

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

All programs run as administrator. No log file is found in PlanG or any other folders anywhere on my PC. Also, no indication in the FSUIPC log for that approx time that showed any inability to connect. When I click on the "connect" icon. . .there is approx a 3 to 4 sec pause and then it disconnects.

falcon409

I have decided to move to a different Navigational Program. No further assistance is required. Thank you.

ark

Quote from: tim arnot on February 29, 2016, 08:07:36 PM
I believe FSUIPC writes a log file (in the FSX\Modules folder). It might be worth attaching that here in case it throws some light on the problem. Also worth attaching the Plan-G log (in Plan-G Files)

The problem has not reoccurred for a while. If it does I will attach the log files here.
Thx,
Al